Chapter 8: Welcome Dinner

Eruhaben is the first one to arrive at their meeting place. He went to the table where his captain reserved and sat down. The waiter brought some drinks for him as he wait for the others to come.

It has been days since the missing case was solved. It is a good thing the victims were fine. There was no case yet so they have time to relax and get to know more of each other.

The atmosphere between the two teams is intense. Eruhaben still shivers from the glares the others give to the opposite team. The SS team is really efficient in their work. Everything became a bit easier for them to handle. But after their work hours, the two team except for him, Choi Han, Rosalyn, and their leaders, starts arguing with each other.

Eruhaben worries about his hearing. Listening to the loud arguments every day might burst his eardrums. And the flirting between the two leaders...

He does not want to think about it deeper. He feels like his life span is getting shorter whenever he hears their conversation. However, it is quite fun to gossip about them to Rosalyn and Choi Han.

It is amusing to see Alberu trying to flirt but failing miserably at it. The two captains' interaction makes Eruhaben want to go to work every day. It might be annoying sometimes, but most of the time, it makes his days easier to handle.

The boredom does not come to him anymore, his days were filled with dog foods, loud arguments, and gossip. Which is a good thing for him. His dull days are now gone with the new addition of the team.

His daydreaming was cut off when he heard the sound of the bell rang. He looks over just to see Choi Han walking towards him. He raised an eyebrow at him when he saw Choi Han without his captain.

As far as he knows, Choi Han is always with Cale. It is a surprise not seeing them together. Choi Han innocently glances at him with a glint of questioning in his eyes.

"Where is your captain? "

"He told me to go first here. He always takes his time."

Choi Han sips on his drink.

'Hmm, tasty.' Choi Han thought to himself before looking at Eruhaben who looks like he found someone to gossip with.

'Rosalyn, where are you? I need you here. Please hurry up!' Choi Han cries out internally.

It is not like he does not want to talk to Eruhaben. He likes talking to him. The problem is, Eruhaben can be sometimes overwhelming.

Overwhelming in what way? You see, Eruhaben is really invested in their leaders' relationship. He shares the dog food being shoved towards him to them making Choi Han, a single dog like him, vomit too.

Eruhaben starts to talk. "Listen, I saw Alberu being lovely dovey to Cale."

Eruhaben makes sure to whisper it in a low voice for others not to hear. If the others hear it, it might start a brawl.

He did not have time to assess their strength.

"Alberu was agitated when Cale flirts back the last time I saw them."

Choi Han stifles a laugh, trying to imagine Alberu being a blushing mess like the color of Cale's hair. His lips twitches up and down before it was gone.

Eruhaben still caught the sight of Choi Han's expression. He smirks but before he could share more, he was startled in fright.

"Boo"

"AHH!"

Eruhaben clutches his chest in fright, he turns around to see Rosalyn, an amused expression on her face. Eruhaben huffs and glares at her.