Chapter 18: Dismemberment Case IV

Next Morning

Choi Han reads the note left behind by the Ancient Oldies. The paper was slightly crumbled by how hard Choi Han had been holding it. After finishing reading it, he shoves it in his pockets and looks around the room where they should have stayed the night. 

It was tidy. That only meant they have not stayed in the room for long. 

‘It really is urgent.’ Choi Han thought to himself. 

He sighs and can only hope they are safe from harm. Especially from that Adin guy, Choi Han finds him so suspicious. 

His commander-nim shields the captain from behind him. It was his first time seeing him like that. Not even hiding his emotions. Knowing him from the years they had spent together, Cale is really very protective of his subordinates. It’s one of his characteristics which everyone admires.

Not all leaders are like Cale, worrying about their subordinates’ well-being. To the extent he would force them to have their leave so that they can rest. They too worry about their commander’s health status. 

Not one time he requested a leave. None. For the past years, he did not rest. However, it might change soon. 

Choi Han smiles to himself. 

Alberu Crossman would be the man that will change Cale’s habit. This man, Choi Han can tell, would change a lot of things and bad habits of the commander. 

It is good. A stubborn guy like Cale would get together with a stubborn guy too. Really, a match made in hell/heaven. Both almost have their own similarities and differences. 

Commander finally met his match. 

Sweeping his glance around the room, Choi Han caught something peculiar. He found a stack of files on the table.

“Hmmm, they must forgot to bring them too.” Choi Han mumbles to himself. 

He walks towards the stack amd casually grab one file. 

He walks forwards and grabs one of the files. As he flips them over, he notice something.

The Ancient Oldies collected all the missing person information in the past months. Reading all the information gathered, the missing person has something similar from one another. 

They have the same birth month and year which is not a coincidence at all. 

That means…. 

No one really bothered digging deeper and if Paseton never reported the incident because of the foul smell, more victims might have gone missing.

Choi Han’s facial expression turned ugly at the thought of more victims. One thing bugging in his mind at the moment is why is there only a head they had seen? 

Where are the other parts of the victim’s body?

Moreover, why does each building in one of the apartments have this weird drawing on their ceiling?

Is there something more behind this?

Choi Han has this nasty feeling that something more dangerous is behind this crimes. 

In this year, when they joined Alberu’s team, there were three major cases they had handled which is concerning. 

Concerning in a way, this might lead to his commander’s demise. 

Choi Han does not know why but he felt they were running around someone’s palm. Moving according to the direction they wanted. 

It is an upsetting feeling. His lips form a straight line. Trying to place this issue first behind his mind.