Chapter 11

"So what should we do today? Go sight-seeing," I asked.

"George, I can't go sight-seeing with you." He said immediately.

"What? Why?"

"People know who you are if they see you, they're gonna put two and two together and realize that I'm Dream." He said. "I can't risk that."

"I could wear a hoodie and sunglasses," I offered.

"George, that's not gonna work," he said and shook his head. "It's too risky."

"Is it not worth the risk?" I asked.

"No, George it's not." I felt a little offended but I understood where he was coming from.

"Oh, okay," I said and cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Why are you pushing?" He asked and I felt shocked.

"What?" I asked quickly. "I-I'm not," I stuttered.

"You just were George," he said.

"Dream, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine George," he said and put his hands up. "Like chill."

I looked around. "Dream, what are you talking about. I'm not upset at all."

"I never said you were," he said with a sigh. I didn't understand what he was getting so worked up about. Maybe me bringing up going in public was a sensitive subject. I just didn't know how to talk to him without making it worse. I just sat quietly not wanting to say the wrong thing and kicked my legs back and forth. My lips were pursed together. "Great, now I've made you mad," he said and put his head in his hands and looked at the floor.

"Dream," I said quietly. "I'm not mad. Why are you getting so worked up?"

Dream was quiet for a moment, before taking a deep breath and looking at me. "I just, I'm worried you're going to get annoyed with me not revealing my face once it starts to become an inconvenience for you."

I wrapped my arms around his frame and shook my head. "You don't need to worry about that. I don't care at all. We don't have to go out Dream. We'll stay here and hang out."

He nodded but he seemed really unconvinced.

-

It wasn't long before our next argument broke out. "No, I'm not filming a video about our relationship. We just talked about it," I said for what felt like the 100th time in the conversation.

"Are you embarrassed of me?"

"Dream, stop," I said in annoyance. "Obviously not, I just filmed a three hour stream with you. I don't want our content to turn into our relationship."

After the argument finally came to an end I went outside and called Nick. "Nick, Dream is like freaking out I don't know." I said.

"Oh no," he sighed. "Dream isn't the best with change," he said. "He freaks out a lot if I change anything. A couple days after I moved in we fought for like a week. He was just so annoyed with everything I did." He said. "Just stick it out, once he gets used to the change everything will be okay."

"But isn't this a good change?" I asked.

"It is, but even if a change makes him happy it's hard for him to deal with and he gets really stressed."

I sighed, this was going to be a rough week if I was going to be arguing with Dream constantly. When I went back inside Dream was sitting on the couch with his face in his hands. I could tell he was very stressed and I wanted to comfort him, but I knew I would be no comfort to him.

"I'm sorry," he told me. "I'm picking stupid fights with you."

"It's okay," I said and I didn't really mean it. I didn't want to fight with him. Not at all.

He shook his head and stood up. "I just am feeling really stressed all of a sudden."

"Why?" I asked and he came over to me and stuck his arms out to ask for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him immediately.

"I just, I've had feelings for you for so long and you have had feelings for me." He laid his head on my shoulder. "Now, I just feel like I need to be perfect for you and I-"

"Hey," I said and rubbed his back. "No one is perfect Dream, try to let go of that expectation of yourself. I could tell both times we got into an argument that you were stressing about something you weren't saying."

He nodded. "I am, I just am so worried about messing this up and I don't want to hurt you and-" he took a deep breath.

I kept rubbing his back and shook my head. "Just talk to me okay? That's the only thing I ask. You don't have to be perfect. Think of it like this, you picked two stupid arguments with me today and I'm still here listening to you right? That's because I care about you."

"It's because you are perfect," he sighed.

"Dream, I didn't talk to you for two months because I was pouting," I chuckled. "And you still love me right?"

He nodded, "Of course."

"And you don't need me to be perfect to keep loving me right?"

"No of course not George," he said. "I just want you, whatever that means."

"Dream, I want the exact same thing. I don't want perfect. That's so boring," I said with a chuckle. "You keep me on my toes."

"I'm sorry about today," he said and took a deep breath.

"Its okay we will get through this one day at a time." I said with a smile. I thought for a second. "Wanna bake some cookies with me?"

He nodded quickly. "Yes!" I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"As long as you're feeling better," I said first.

He nodded again. "I do thank you George."

"So," I said and shot him a look. "Next time you're feeling like this, come talk to me. Pinky promise?" He wrapped his pinky around mine and promised.