Chapter Twelve-Robert

I just can't find the words.  As Lexie passed by me and left the school grounds, I was completely tongue-tied.  I now look to the entrance that she left through and heave a big sigh.  Why couldn't she get it?  There is absolutely no escaping this reality.  Our fathers had to face it and now it's our turn.

            Lionel approaches me and places a reassuring hand on my shoulder.  "Don't worry, mate.  She'll come around.  I mean there's just no way that she can continue to avoid this."

            The other three mystics near where the both of us are standing.  Susan looks as if she is about to blow once again at any moment.  "What a bloody stubborn girl!  How dare she be so selfish at a time like this when everything is on the line!"

            "And I should mind my manners, Susan?" Isis speaks with purely enjoyed sarcasm.  "I told you that one will be a pain in the arse."

            "Lucky that we are now getting the others involved."  Galia now speaks with a confident smile drawn perfectly on her rosy lips. 

            "Others?" I ask completely flabbergasted.  What now?  Dwarfs? Elves? Mermaids?

            "Other Guardians like Lexie and yourself." Lionel speaks in a whisper instead of his usual commanding voice.  I try to stifle a laugh as I briefly recall how Lionel had burst into the rehearsal hall shouting my name only ten minutes before Lexie took her flight.

            "There are other Guardians?"  This new information kind of takes me aback.

            "Loads of them."  Susan speaks as if she is the most knowledgeable of the group.  "There are eighteen artifacts in the world after all."

            "Eighteen?"  I am surprised at the number but also a little disappointed that I am really nothing special with loads of Guardians protecting these artifacts.  "What are all the artifacts?"

            "I don't exactly have them memorized but I do know a few that are located in the UK or at least the Guardians are from here."  Susan is the only one to speak as the others look taken aback by my question.

            A loud clearing-of-the-throat sound abruptly from Isis.  "Do you really think it wise to discuss these matters in such a public area?  Plus we still have some people looking at us since Susan's outburst."

            Susan's face lightly reddens when Isis mentions her uncharacteristic actions.  "Isis is right we shouldn't speak anymore of this here you never know who will be listening."

Suddenly, my attention is directed out into the crowd of sitting students.  Once face in particular grasps me.  Natalie?

"Excuse me."  I lightly bow my head to the group as I begin to walk to the table where Natalie is sitting talking to other students.

"Where are you going, Robert?" Lionel's voice booms from behind me.

I don't respond as I continue.  Like a bolt of lightning, Natalie's eyes lift and connect with mine.  A huge smile sweeps across her face.  Her companions look towards me and instantly there is a buzz of murmurs.

"Excuse me ladies," I bow as all the girl practically squeal.  "I need to speak to Miss Natalie alone."

Before I even finished speaking, the girls have already abandoned their seats and are long gone away from the surrounding area.  I diligently take a seat across from Natalie.  "Why are you here?  It's not that I'm not glad that you are here but I'm a bit confused."