Chapter 39

The Zoo

John's POV

(For the sake of the story, I switched the Laurens sibling ages: John=13; Martha=12; Henry=9; James=6; Mary=4. Also, we're gonna pretend Alex doen't have facial hair)

"We should go to the zoo," I said to Mom.

"That's not a bad idea..." She replied.

"Could I bring my friends?" I asked.

"I KNOW WHO JOHN IS GONNA BRING!" Martha shrieked from her room.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled, "I didn't mean it!" I told Mom when she gave me a dirty look.

[The Crazy Sins]

Turtles-are-yes: Hey, who can go to the zoo?

Angierocks: That sounds fun. I'll ask

LaffyTaffy: i can go! im hanging out with herc

HERCULESMULLIGAN: i can go. yaaaas

Peggy_Pirate: cool

Angierocks: All three of us are aloud to go

Eliza🔥: should we bring our own money?

Coffee: Yes. We should.

It went on like that. Everyone could go. I grinned and turned to Mom. Martha emerged from her room. A dab of green paint was on her cheek.

"Hey John. C'mere," She called.

I followed her to her room where she showed me something that she painted. It was me and Alexander sitting on the ground. I was playing the guitar and Alexander was watching me. It had so much detail.

"Wow. This is so good!" I praised her.

"It's yours," She held it out to me. I accepted it and thanked her.

I folded it up and put it in my pocket.

Time skip

"Where is everyone?" James wondered.

I leaned against a table. But James is right. Where is everyone? They should have been here seven minutes ago.

"So sorry we're late!" Eliza burst out of a car that had just shown up, "Traffic."

Peggy and Angie closely followed. Angie slung a brown bag with roses on it over her shoulder. Eliza saw Mary and her eyes lit up.

"I love little kids!" She squealed.

While Eliza was playing with Mary, Laf and Hercules arrived. I smiled and waved.

"Mon ami!" Lafayette walked over. He had a piece of toast in his hand even though it was past lunchtime.

Soon Alexander arrived and we all walked to the entrance. (A/N: Once again, I've never been here but I did find a YouTube video about The Bronx Zoo so I'm using that) We paid and walked in. We were at the Asian Gate. Peggy was jumping up and down. She led the way down the path.

"Wait!" Hercules said, "Let's look at this map first."

We stopped and gazed at the map for about five seconds. Peggy ran away first and Hercules followed us. The first animal we saw were gazelles. The next animals were zebras. A loud noise rang out and we looked around.

"What was that?" Alexander asked.

It sounded like a cross between a horse and a dog. I looked at the zebras. They were making the noise! I pointed it out to my friends.