Chapter 36

Forgiveness

Lafayette's POV

(A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait. I don't really have an excuse. So... yeah. Here's your chapter.)

LaffyTaffy: omg

And....PEGGY🥳: THAT LITTLE- ISTG I WILL RIP OFF HIS TINY LITTLE PENIS AND STRING IT UP SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO CHEATERS WHO HURT MY SISTER!!!

HERCULESMULLIGAN: Peggy. Omg

LaffyTaffy: has anyone seen Eliza?

PEGGYEXISTS: no. where is she???

LaffyTaffy: we should find her

TurtleBoy🐢: She needs to be alone

I agree with Peggy here. Alexander made a stupid move. For that he has to pay. How? I don't know.

Time skip

"Laf!" It was Alexander. I didn't even turn around. I kept on walking with Peggy and Hercules. "Lafayette! Don't ignore me. Please. I'm sorry!" He grabbed my arm. I turned to face him.

"How dare you. Don't speak to me. You're just sorry you got caught," I snarled. I pulled my arm free and kept walking.

"Pegs. I'm your best friend," He whimpered.

Peggy stopped walking. I stopped to watch what would happen. Peggy slowly turned to look him in the eyes. Alexander had a pleading look on his face.

"Eliza is my best friend," She answered.

Peggy continued walking. Once we rounded a corner, she broke into tears. Peggy ran into an empty classroom. She slid down against a wall.

"Mon amie? Why are you crying?" I asked.

"I feel so bad. I don't want to hate him but I can't forgive him," Peggy sobbed.

"Don't feel so bad. He deserves it," Hercules put a hand on her shoulder.

Peggy nodded and wiped her tears. She stood and we walked to class. She refused to look at Alexander.

Eliza's POV

LYING RAT: Please forgive me

LYING RAT: I messed up

LYING RAT: I'm sorry!

The nerve of him. I can't stand him. I can't stand Maria right now. How could she do that? I thought I was her friend. Maybe I should forgive him. Is that the correct thing to do?

Eliza: I forgive you

LYING RAT: SERIOUSLY??

Eliza: ...Yes

Why should I forgive him? Honestly, I don't know. I just feel bad. I want to break up but I don't know how.

Eliza: I want to break up. We can be friends and that's all

LYING RAT: Oh, okay. 😭

Was it the right thing to do? I don't know. I mean, he cheated on me so I should but I'm not sure.

He hurt me. Not in a physical way though. He broke my heart. At least I forgave him.

Now I have to make everyone else forgive Alexander. I know that Angie never will.

[Crazy Sins]

Liza😜: Meeting. Library. Now. All of us

I marched to the library and took a seat at a table that was in the back. Soon my sisters arrived. Then Laf and Hercules. John arrived after them. Alexander came five minutes after John.

"Why'd you call us here?" Peggy wondered.

"I have something to say," I announced, "We should forgive Alexander."

"No way!"

"Are you crazy?"

"Never!"

"Guys, please. It was just a little mistake," I pleaded.

"A little mistake," Angie scoffed.

"And..." I continued," I broke up with him."

This was met with silence. Lafayette's mouth fell open and I nervously laughed. Alexander already knew but he hung his head.

"Good," Angie said after a couple moments.

"Angelica. Please forgive him," I cried.

She glared at me. I called her Angelica. I only use her real name when I'm super serious. Peggy glanced nervously at both of us.

"Fine," She answered after a moment.

I smiled. I know she didn't want to do that. I think I solved the problem.

John's POV

After Eliza made her plea and after Angie forgave Alexander, I left. I still feel a little resentful towards Alexander. I walked a little bit away and then turned down a library hall. I picked up a book and opened it. I breathed in the smell of books.

"What the heck are you doing?" A voice said.

I spun around and dropped the book. I hastily picked it up and put it back on the shelf. Alexander walked towards me with his arms crossed in a casual way.

"I am...leaving," I answered.

I tried to walk away but Alexander grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him. His eyes were filled with forgiveness.

"Why?" I whispered, "Why'd you do it?"

"I don't know," He began to laugh a tiny bit. I smiled. "Friends?" He asked.

"Friends," I said.

We hugged. Wait, now he's not dating Eliza, so he's free! No. I have to stop thinking like that! Alexander is my friend and that's all.

Time skip

"That one?" Alexander pointed to my house.

"Yep," I answered.

He grinned. I opened the door and went to my room. I spied Martha while I went down the hall. She was sitting at the dinner table, reading a book. She smirked and I stuck my tongue out at her.

I closed the door after Alexander entered. I sat down on my bed and looked at Alexander.

"What should we do?" He wondered.

We read together until Aaron called Alexander and said he had to go back to the orphanage. I waved as he left. It's nice being friends with Alexander again.