Its addicting.

"If the ancient Greeks were members of the ton, they might have added to their Olympic pentathlon one additional event. The hosting of a country visit.

This, ofcourse, is the week of lady bridgerton's annual hearts and flowers ball, the years most coveted invitation in the country, and no event better designed to show the might and mettle of its host."  Lady whistledown

Anastasia had a somewhat restless sleep, it was almost as if she was awake but her body wasn't, she had her eyes shut and she couldn't move from her sleep like state, but her head was wondering, listening, imagining. She could hear the rustles of the trees outside and any movement around the house, yet she was still asleep. That was until the maids had woken her us to get her ready for this event.

Anastasia

I was sitting in the art room watching as benedict gracefully swiped his brush along the canvas half consumed by a pretty picture, and as Anthony seemed to be deep in thought while also stealing and biting one of the apples benedict had been painting.
'Do you think all of this was a mistake? This business of inviting the sharmas out early?' Anthony asks yes I wanted to reply, although I had kept the thought to myself 'it has made the whole affair so fraught with difficulty.' He states once more, before benedict cuts in 'the whole marriage-mart business seems entirely too difficult to me. But if one must participate in it, why not do it...in the fresh air' he points opening the window of the drawing room making me giggle

'I, however, do not see the point of marrying if not for love.' I point out straightening out the skirt of my dress as I stand up inspecting the painting so far only hearing a sigh from Anthony as a response.
'If you must marry for reputation then so be it, but I am telling you Anthony Bridgerton, the moment you experience love...you won't want anything else. It's addicting.' I smile making benedict laugh at me and Anthony only glance my way 'like you've experienced it, have you ana?' Benedict jokes, earning a slap in the arm.

Little did Anastasia know that her small speech had quite an impact on the young viscount.

My ears were consumed by the classical music played at the front of the garden as I watched Anthony talking to his future wife, and Colin talking to Penelope fealtherington and Eloise. That was until lady Bridgerton had guided them toward the other ladies.

Then all my attention was turned toward miss sharma joining the viscount and her sister making me laugh slightly to myself.
It didn't take long until the boys had left to go on their hunt, and much to mine and Benedict's pleasure, miss sharma had been somewhat forced to join with them.

So with Colin with miss Thompson, Anthony and benedict on the hunt. My only other option was to help lady Bridgerton, not as though it was a bad thing, I'd just rather be elsewhere. With Anthony.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••¥•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'Hopefully, the festivities are living up to your expectations, miss edwina?' Daphne asked politely through our game of cards 'very much, your grace. You and your mama are such diligent hostesses.' She compliments 'I so look forward to hosting my own gatherings one day.' Miss edwina finishes 'well, there is certainly pleasure to be had in acting as hostess. Though between you and I, I think you will find there is no greater pleasure, than enjoying your home alone with your family.' Daphne smiles politely
'with your husband, as long as you choose the right one.' Anastasia adds on with a laugh 'I do think I know what I desire in a match.' Miss edwina replies, in her usual kind voice. 'And what is that?' Daphne questions 'I should like to be with someone kind and gentle. Someone like your brother, he's so even tempered.'