Chapter 6

(Not) Your Typical High School Story

Chapter 6

They day miserably went on, and I was glad to be out. I couldn't handle this anymore.

"Girls! Dinner!" mom shouted to us from the kitchen.

"Coming!" I replied from my room.

"In a sec mom!" Allie shouted, "Bring It On is almost over! When it ends, I'll be there!"

With our small apartment, it was really easy to just shout at each other when something had to be said. I guess it could be fun, besides the fact that when my mom yelled you couldn't tell if she was calling you or if you were on a one way ticket to being grounded.

I opened my door and came to the kitchen where mom was finishing setting the table.

"Okay," she said looking up at me and smiling, "Dinner is served."

Me and her both sat down and Allie joined us a minute later.

"So girls," mom said, "How was your first day of school?"

"Terrible," me and Allie said in unison.

"Oh...? Allie, how come your day was terrible?"

"IT'S BORING!!! I wanted the cute boys! I wanted the cliques! But I got none of that!"

"Ohhhh.... Poor baby," I said sarcastically while using my fork to play with my peas.

"Shh, Katie," mom said looking at me firmly, "Let her finish."

"Thank you mom," Allie replied, "But that's it. That was all there was to it. I there's not even one cute boy at my school, and there's no clique for me to fit into."

"Oh no," I replied again, "Now you have to find friends and a boyfriend based on who they are! Not on how they look! Once again... Poor baby."

"Mom... Tell her to stop," Allie whined.

"Katie..." she looked at me firmly once again.

"Okay, sorry," I replied.

"Anyway, how was your day?"

"MOM!" I said losing my calmness, "IT'S TORTURE! I WANT TO GO TO A NEW SCHOOL!"

"Honey, honey, calm down. What's wrong? We can work this out."

"THERE'S NOTHING TO WORK OUT! I'M TRAPPED IN ONE OF ALLIE'S CHICK FLICKS!"

"Huh?" Allie asked confusedly.

"Honey... Are you okay?"

"NO!!! I AM MOST DEFINITELY NOT OKAY!!! MOM!!! THERE'S A MEAN GIRL, A CUTE GUY, A WEIRD BEST FRIEND... CLIQUES!!!!"

"Honey, you are making zero sense."

"Yea," agreed Allie, "You said yourself that what happens in the movies isn't real."

"Yea, I said that, UNTIL IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!"

"Uhm... Katie... Why don't you go into more detail about your day? Maybe we'll understand you more," mom tried to say in a soothing voice to get me to calm down.

"Okay, first, a cute boy bumps into me, and I don't mean just a slight shoulder push, we actually run into each other! And my zipped binder had my papers flying everywhere!"

"Excuse me?"

"Okay, my binder. It has a zipper to secure all my papers inside."

"Yes Katie," my sister said annoyed, "Thats kind of how a zipper works."

"Yea! But when he bumped into me, my zipper was suddenly unzipped and my papers came flying everywhere! Giving him an excuse to help me and talk to me so that we could get closer with one another, just like in the movies!"

"Honey, that's not scientifically possible."

"But, we have a conversation, and then he's sitting next to me in my first period class."

"Oh no!" whined Allie sarcastically, "You have to sit next to a cute boy! Poor you!"

"Ughhh! You guys aren't listening!" I groaned.

"Okay..." mom said as she put her hand to her forehead in distress, "Continue Katie."

"But, it turns out that the boy is the mean popular girls ex! And she is out to get me for talking to her ex!"

"Dear, if she's so mean, why would she be so popular?"

"BECAUSE SHE'S PRETTY! THE ONLY THING PEOPLE CARE ABOUT IN THAT SCHOOL IS YOUR LOOKS! DON'T YOU SEE?"

"No, I don't," replied Allie.

"Ugh! But then there's this girl who I guess is supposed to be my perky best friend. Her names Erica. She's friends with the nerds."

"Which I guess automatically makes you a nerd."

"Shhh, Allie! But anyway, just like in the movies, there's the popular table throwing crumpled paper balls at them, taunting them, okay? So I go up to the populars and stand up to them but I end up getting lasagna in my face, and then a food fight erupts!"

"A food fight?"

"A FOOD FIGHT! THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE!"

"Mom," said Allie terrified, "What in the world did you put in these peas?"

~~

Like comment follow share :)