Chapter 5

(Not) Your Typical High School Story

Chapter 5

"Oh my gosh K," said Erica perkily.

"It's Katie. I don't do nicknames."

"Okay Katie, well, oh my gosh! You get to sit next to the hottest guy in school! In Chemistry of all subjects, if you know what I mean."

"Hottest guy in school is he?"

"Uhm, duh! Have you SEEN him?"

"If he's the hottest guy in school, how come he's just standing there alone at the end of the hall? Shouldn't he have girls all over him?" I said as I pointed at him.

"Oh... I never actually thought of that."

"Of course you haven't," I said sarcastically.

The day went on, but way too slowly. Although it seemed like school days in movies were something every body dreamed of, I just wanted to get out. Me and my sister Allie should switch lives, I think that would make the both of us happy.

I walked down the hall with my new 'friend' Erica with my books. I also kept my belongings extra close to me and made sure they were all secure and zipped, if possible. I couldn't let another person 'accidentally' run into me.

An opposite force, however, did decide to come towards me, and my papers flung all over the place. Typical.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" said the mean girl of the school. I still didn't know her name.

"Oh cut the bullshit," I said while still on the ground, "I know what you were trying to do."

"It was an accident I bumped into you!"

"Oh, it was an accident that your shoulder blade decided to forcefully come into contact with mine and push me down? I felt the push of your goddamn elbow, I'm not that stupid."

"Oh, I didn't mean to do a thing. I am so sorry, let me help you with that," she said for the entire hallway to hear before bending down to whisper something to me.

She helped me pick up the papers as she spoke just slightly quieter. It was really meant to be a whisper, a really bad attempt though. In real life, anyone could have heard this upcoming conversation from ten feet away. However, in the movies, talking in an even slightly quieter tone would mean that nobody would hear you.

"Okay Kayley--"

"Katie."

"Don't care. Anyway, you seem like a really smart cookie."

"Smartest in class 3 years in a row."

"Again, don't care. Anyway, the rest of the school doesn't have half the brains you have. They'll side towards me for anything. No matter what I do, they'll always worship the ground I walk on. So no need to try to defend yourself from me, it won't work."

"Hah, I don't need a person like you trying to bring me down."

"Whys that?"

"You just said yourself that people with only half the brains that I have are the ones who worship the ground you walk on. However, I have a full brain. So I see right through what you're doing. So congrats, your followers are all morons."

She did a diva gasp while putting her hand on top of her chest and raising her voice for everyone to hear, "Did you just call all of these people in my school, all these good friends of mine, MORONS?"

Everybody gave me a dirty look while I rolled my eyes. Yep, the whole school hates me now. It was bound to happen.

I got up and walked out before turning around and saying one last remark, "You guys heard her say THAT, yet you didn't even hear what she was saying when she was talking to me on the ground?"