Chapter 3

(Not) Your Typical High School Story

Chapter 3

So this wasn't a dream, this was real life. I had just humiliated myself already by making eye contact with the mean drama queen of the school. This couldn't be happening.

I vowed to make myself as invisible as possible. If no one knew who I was, I wouldn't have to deal with any drama, right? I put my head down as I walked quickly through the halls to the principals office.

My body suddenly impacted an opposite force coming towards me, and I fell to the ground along with my papers. Ugh, how embarrassing. But wait... I have my binder all zipped up, how is it possible that my papers could go flying all over the place? Unless...

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Let me help you with that."

Yep, movie logic. My perfectly zipped and secure binder suddenly has my papers flying everywhere, just to give a 'special' someone the chance to talk to me.

"I... Can help myself..." I said hesitantly. I did not want to look up. If this was the person who I think it's supposed to be, looking up would definitely be the worst thing to do. My love life wasn't going to be based off of stupid movie logic.

"No no, it's my fault, let me help you."

Darn it, he's a perfect gentlemen. I couldn't be falling for him. I don't even know him.

I decided to not respond. If I didn't respond, I wouldn't have a reason to talk to him and eventually fall for him, right?

"You're new here, aren't you?"

"Yea." Shoot, I answered back to him.

He held out his hand to me, "I'm Todd."

Natural reflex made me look at his face and shake his hand, "Katie."

Can I be honest here? He is seriously one of the most gorgeous and cutest guys I've ever met, and he seemed to have already been taking an interest in me.

No Katie, no. Don't fall for it. This will not end up like the movies.

"Welcome here Katie," he said with a smile. Agh, it was such a nice smile.

Okay Katie, if you don't want him to talk to you, be mean.

"Welcome? Oh, yea, I was doing pretty fine until some pretty boy just came crashing into me acting like he owns the freaking school."

"Whoa man, it was an accident. But what I'm hearing, is that you think I'm good looking?" he replied with a smirk.

"What!? No! What in your right mind would make you think that? Or are you just so full of yourself that you imagined it?"

"Well, you did call me pretty boy after all."

Shoot, I was such an idiot. "Oh, did I say that? I'm sorry, your damn clumsiness of crashing into me made me see and say totally opposite of what I'm actually thinking."

"It's cute to see you try to cover it up."

"Oh, I think you just called me cute."

He smirked, giving me an uneasy feeling, "I didn't say that. I just said the action of you trying was cute."

Shoot.

"But," he continued, "I'll admit that I think you're cute once you admit that you think that I'm good looking."

I smiled since it was my time to make a comeback, "I think you just admitted that you think I'm cute."

He got a grumpy yet impressed look on his face, "Not bad, new girl. You need help looking around? I'm here for you."

"Eh, I got it. I have to go to the office first before class anyway. You probably have better things to do."

"Not really, no. But I'll make myself seem cool by saying that I actually do have better things to do. It was fun bickering with you, later," and he left with a signature smile, one that nobody can replicate.

"Bye," I said, not being able to stop smiling.

I then facepalmed myself once I realized what I had just done. I had just FLIRTED with a boy. That wasn't like me! I vowed to NEVER flirt, EVER. Yet, that was exactly what I had just done. I was supposed to stay away, but I talked to him and now I can't get him out of my mind.

"Hey, new girl," said a pesky, girly voice from behind me. I didn't even have to look back to know just who it was.

"Hey there," I replied to her.

"So, new girl--"

"I have a name... Uhm... It's Katie."

Oh no... Why did I just talk back to her? That was the WORST thing I could have ever done. Everyone knew that the popular girl is guaranteed to pick on people of whom have the confidence to stand up to her.

"Yea, uhm, frankly, I don't care about what your name is."

"Well, I must be pretty damn important to you in some way for you to actually take the time to talk to me like this."

Gosh, why was it like a reflex for me to talk back to people?

"Oh, ha ha, you think you're so cool," she replied as she rolled her eyes, "But you're not. The only reason I'm talking to you is because--"

"Yea yea, because you caught me talking to your hot ex boyfriend who you're trying to get back together with and you're afraid I'm going to steal him away from you."

"Uhm... Okay... How the HECK do you know he's my ex?"

"Oh, lucky guess," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, just BACK off, and we WON'T have a problem, okay?"

"Funny how you seem to regard me as possibly the lowest piece of trash in the world. Yet, you're afraid of me stealing your man."

She grunted, "Whatever! Go away!"

"You came up to me."

She grunted again and stomped away. I smirked before realizing that I was probably super late for class. It started at 9, and I came here at 8:30. Of all the things I've done this morning, I expected that at least twenty minutes would have passed. I looked at my phone. Only 8:10!? This made no sense!

Then I thought to myself, of course it makes no sense. According to movie logic, on the first day of school, twenty minutes becomes five minutes. We all know that before school starts, there is still so many things that the new girl needs to do.

~~~

Like comment follow share :)