• four • The First Meeting •

El and Mike stood there in shock. Eyes running each other over and over. Els hands started to start a bit from being nervous. She definitely didn't expect to meet Mike at All. It was just a fun idea to text this random person. And now here she was in front of him no idea what to say.

"Eleanor... As in THE Eleanor?" Will asked breaking the silence.

Mike nodded.

"What are you doing here?"

"I--I-- umm...." She stuttered. Oh my god she thought, why am I such an idiot.

"This is El... Jim's daughter.."

El smiled shyly nodding her head.

"Oh! Wow! Umm okay..." He awkwardly scartched the back of his neck. Nice going nerd. She's gonna think your real hot now.

Will smiled awkwardly "Well umm... Wanna meet the rest of the crew?"

El smiled and nodded following him leaving Mike standing there like an idiot.

They walked outside with faced with a curly haired boy, a dark skinned boy, and a red headed girl. Max smiled running up to her and hugging which El was not use to and it almost took her to the ground.

"Hi!!! I'm Max! Oh my god I'm so happy to have another girl here El!!"

"Uh---Hi..." She said shyly stepping away from the hug.

Lucas looked up, his eyebrows coming together. "You look like someone I've seen before"

Will smiled.

"This is El... As in Eleanor... As in the girl Mike hasn't stopped texting on weeks!"

Everyone gasped.

"What?! Did you guys know?!" Max yelled.

El shook her head.

"Where is the nerd?" Dustin asked.

"Standing inside like an idiot" Will laughed.

El stood there awkwardly trying really hard not to come off like that. She wanted this. She wanted friends. Why was it so easy over text but so hard in person.

"You know that lose Wheeler never shuts up about you. Your all he talks about" Max smiled and El looked up with a small smile.

Suddenly they heard the door open and Mike awkwardly walked over.

"Damn Wheeler. Who would've thought you could land talking to a girl like this" Dustin smirked and El looked back down.

"I--I-- um-- I gotta go find my dad..." El whispered before taking off before anyone could say anything to her.

"Wow Wheeler... She's talkative.." Lucas sighed.

"I just--- I wasn't expecting to meet her. I didn't know what to say..."

El didn't go far. She went into her dad's truck and sat down trying to steady her breathing. He was here. He looked perfect. But he wasn't talking. Did he not like her?

Suddenly her phone dinged and she grabbed it.

Michael Wheeler 💙

Hey...
I'm sorry..
I was in shock..

It's okay..
I'm too awkward in person..

Your even more beautiful in person love...

~El smiled looking at her phone like an idiot, why can this not be easy in person~

🙂
I'm sorry tho..
If my dad would've told me where we were going..
I could've at least warned you..