"Hi!" •Mitsuri Kanroji x Shinobu Kocho• ☁️

☁️ = Fluff
⛈ = Angst
🔞= graphic content
🍋= smut
🍈= Slight smut or no smut
👫= Just friends/Platonic
University AU
————————————
Shinobu's POV

"Shinobu-Chan you need to wake up and get ready to leave for your dorm." My older sister says calmly says gently shaking me

"Mmmm 5 more minutes Onee-sama." I groan rolling to my other side. My big sister sighs and turns on my light knowing it would wake me up. I groan and sit up rubbing my eyes.

"Hah~ Shinobu I know you don't want to want to go to university. But you wanted to become an Entomologist, and In order to do so you have to attend your university classes." She says

"Kanae, I've heard this lecture from you a million times. Yes I know I graduated almost 2 years ago and I finally decided to do something with my life." I groan sitting on the edge of my bed. Kanae sighs and ruffles my hair that signature warm smile on her face.

"Haha~ my little sister Shinobu is finally becoming a woman." Kanae says, stopping in the doorway and turning to me. "Oh by the way I made you favorite breakfast and got your suitcase ready." She adds proceeding to the kitchen.

I chuckle and roll my eyes and I finish putting on my uniform, it's quite odd for a typical school uniform it's all black with a white belt holding up the knee length skirt. We aren't allowed to wear our own clothes unless our uniforms get stained or ripped in any way, but they do allow us to wear a haori and hair accessories though which I love. I finish tucking the button up into my shirt and grab my favorite haori that flows like a butterfly, Kanae made it for me as a birthday present some years ago and I've adored it since. I finish up my attire by tying up my hair and clipping a butterfly hairpin in it.

"There finished." I say confidently looking at myself in the mirror confident as ever hoping for a new and fresh start to put my awful high school life behind me. I take one last glance at myself and grab my suitcase and other necessities with me to the kitchen where Kanae has breakfast set out on the table, already kneeling down waiting for me.

"I love the uniform Shinobu." Kanae says her warm smile making all my anxieties go away. I set my stuff down and kneel down also infront of the table, per our usual routine we say our thanks and dig in. I notice Kanae made her special miso soup, one of my favorite things.

"Thank you for this Kanae." I say smiling savoring every last spoonful of her miso soup.

"I thought I would make your favorite things since you'll be living on campus so you won't get this every morning." She's says chuckling as she watches me eat everything like I haven't ate in days.

"Hmm? Oh shoot sorry for eating messily." I say immediately catching onto her slightly uncomfortable look.

"Ah its not an issue Shinobu." She says clearly lying but I don't pry any further.

~later~

I finish everything infront of me and stand up to bring my dishes to the sink but Kanae stops me. "Kanae! I wanted to help do dishes." I say slightly disappointed

"Oh don't worry Shinobu, it's your big day I don't want to make you do the dishes." She says planting a soft kiss to the top of my head. "But since you're so adamant on helping would be a darling and bring your things to the car? I'll be out when I'm done." She adds focused on cleaning our dishes.

"Of course Kanae!" I say beaming immediately grabbing my stuff and practically running out the door.

(BTW This takes place in the 2010s like 2017-2018)

After sometime Kanae finally walks out more dressed up than normal, wearing a sweater dress which I find odd as it's barely fall but I don't let it get to me. I know she gets easily cold, maybe that's why. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Kanae buckle herself in glancing at me smiling.

"Are you ready Shinobu?" She asks

"Nervous but yeah." I say

~on campus~

"Alright Shinobu we're here." Kanae says pulling into a parking spot. Before I'm able to get out I feel Kanae grab my arm, I bring my attention to her. "Hey Shinobu-Chan I can see Douma and his group go here so please be careful and call me if anything happens. I'll be right over to help you." She says.

"Don't worry Onee-sama, I can handle myself. I know some self defense moves." I say making Kanae giggle and nodding her head as she helps me unload my things.

"Alright there's everything, If I didn't have to go to work I'd stay and help you set up but I'm needed for a last minute operation. I'll visit you this weekend." Kanae says hopping back in putting the key back in the ignition.

"Ok Onee-sama see you this weekend." I say

"I love you." My sister says ruffling my hair, I'm able to say it back as she drives off. I sigh and pick up my things immediately noticing douma and his group goofing off and laughing near the door, his rainbow like eyes are impossible to miss. I try my best to ignore them as I walk by but that wasn't successful as I'm immediately grabbed by the arm by douma, the worst thing to ever happen to me.

I try to keep calm as I glance over to see Douma's stupid little toothy grin. "Longtime no see kocho." He says, malice laced in the last word. I don't know what the hell I ever did to make him hate me so much. "What do you douma?" I ask clearly annoyed, douma thrives on that.

"I just wanted to say hi to an old friend." He says mockingly on the last word knowing it'll hit me deep and it did. Trying my best to keep my tears in until I reach my dorm room I force my arm out of his strong grip and ignore him to the best of my ability as I grab my stuff and continue inside. What a great fucking start

I finally reach the dorm room and knock, I hear a "Ill be there in a minute!" sounding from inside from a seemingly calm and sweet voice. I hear the door unlock as it opens up to reveal and girl roughly my age with bright pink and green hair tied back into a single thick braid.

"Ah hi you must be my new roommate, I'm Kanroji Mitsuri but please just call me Mitsuri." She says immediately grabbing my hand shaking it, I feel what just happened outside fade away as her sweet smile and soft voice calms me.

"Uh hi I'm Kocho, Kocho Shinobu but just call me Shinobu." I say smiling back.

"Please come in, I don't want you to stay out here forever." She says stepping aside to let me in "Ah please let me help you with your things, you have quite a bit." She says chuckling.

"Yeah my sister went kind of over board." I say

"I know the feeling I have some brothers back home some are younger some are older so I get it." She says setting the last of my stuff on the empty bed next to hers. I sigh falling backwards onto the mattress earning a laugh from the shorter girl.

"Oh sorry Shinobu I have to go my friend Iguro wants to go do some crane games." Mitsuri says grabbing her purse.

"It's fine Mitsuri I'll just be unpacking the whole time and going for a stroll." I say, she smiles and waves as she walks out the front door. So far I love my new roommate.

———————————-
So the first short story is done! Please correct me if I got any of the Japanese terms wrong as I don't know much Japanese and I'm open to accept any corrections.

Each short story will be divided into 1-5 parts depending on how long I want it to be!

Word count: 1380