Chapter 11: LightHouse

Y/N POV:

We where now hiding in a chicken coop, our chicken coop. The guys that tried to shoot as us, technically they where trying to find the compass from me and my brother, because they know. They destroyed our house and we had to run out the sealed window.

The chickens kept crowing as we got more anxious. Everyone was getting more scared, nervous and anxious by the second. That's when JJ lost it..grabbed one of the chickens and snapped the neck..killing it. My eyes widen, as I looked at John B in fear trying to see comfort in his eyes but he was looking at Kiara.

I looked at JJ, seeing madness in his eyes. "Oh my gosh" I whisper in fear.

But that's when we heard the truck drive away. We stood in there for a good couple minutes..we where just afraid.

LATER:

As we where earlier scared to death..John B really wanted to go on a trip, turns out the lighthouse keeper might know our dad. So we're just trying to get a lead.

Everyone was talking about the compass, as I just stood shut, sitting in the back, playing with my fingers.

I felt, JJ putting his hands on top of mine. I look at him. It wasn't complete silence as the other three where talking. I look up at his face, as he was already looking at mine. "What?" I whisper to him. "Nothing you seem anxious" he says.

"Well first of all..you're holding my hands with the hands you killed one of my chickens with, and 2nd.. I just feel icky about this whole situation..like why does this have to happen to us? We can't even find my missing father without getting shot at or almost killed" I say.

Soon everyone was hearing into our conversation. "She's definitely right about the first part" Kiara mumbles. "I'm not tripping out...our dads missing" I say. "If that helps you believe y/n" Kiara says. "It's okay to trip y/n, but~" JJ says as John B cuts him off. "Look, ou-our dad is missing okay?!" He looks back at us. "Missing" he repeats. The silence after was very much awkward.

As I continued playing with my fingers.

"You guys don't know what it's like to have a one of the closet people to you vanish.." I speak up. "And then have no idea what happened...just wake up every morning wondering.." John B adds.

Kiara looks at the group then at John B. "It's been almost a year.." she says.

I sigh, trying not to say anything. "Hey.. he- could've been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility!" JJ says. I look up at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "Yeah could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere" pope adds on. "Absolutely.. uh or Atlantis" JJ replied.

I shake my head. "Okay now I know you guys are joking" I say. "JJ" Kiara says signaling to stop.

She looks at both me and my brother. "Look what do you guys think the message is?" She asks. John B looks at me from the top mirror. "Red field" we both say at the same time.

"Refiled lighthouse. That's my dads favorite place" I say as we passed the lighthouse sign, entering the premises.

As we soon got there, JB parking. We all got off the car.

We all stood looking up at the light house. "Okay, this is what's gonna happen, you're gonna post up and look out for bogeys okay?" JB says to JJ. "Wait..why me?" He replies looking at the rest of us then back at him.

"Because you're not coming" Pope says. "Why? Y/N tell them I'm coming" JJ says confused. "Uhh.." I mutter. "JJ, there are independent and dependent variables. And you are independent we don't know what you'll do" pope says to JJ, as JJ got defensive. I kind of agreed. "Shut up shut up dude!" JJ says, mad.