Chapter 5: Party at the beach

Y/N POV, LATER:

We were currently at me and John B  house, we where  on the deck as pope was pacing about the whole boat thing. Basically early after we went to the motel, we where just chilling and saw scooter grubs dead body. He was driving a Grady white which was the boat we all found yesterday. "Okay.. we didn't see anything. We don't know anything, we need to have a total and compete amnesia" Pope says entering the deck of my house pointing at us. He's afaraid we are gonna as get arrested because we found a dead man's boat and didn't say anything.

Kiara sat on the couch as a I was sitting on the cooler John B was leaning on the wood of the wall. "Actually, popes right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes" JJ says standing up from the chair he was sitting on after playing with a lighter. "Deny deny deny" jj continues. "Did you get that from  diary of a wimpy kid?" I ask JJ furrowing my eyebrow's.

He looks at me with a smirk, I playfully roll my eyes. "Guys, we can't keep that money" Kira's says referring to JJ's money he stole from the motel. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" says JJ. "Oh lord" I sigh. "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma" Kie continues. "She's right" I agree. "Bad Karma to be implicated in a felony, too..we gotta go dark" Pope says looking at JJ. I look at John B that was just hearing the whole conversation.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" JJ says. "Of course you say that" I say. JJ chuckles.

John B looks at JJ, placing his hand JJ  shoulder  . "I don't  agree" John b says. "What, why?" JJ asks. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Right? Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. Sh*t, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the save-a-lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more then 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady- White? Just saying" John points out.

He's not wrong..it's very random that he out of no where got a very expensive boat. Who could've he got it from and why?

"What does that have to do with the money? I'm confused" JJ says, oh my gosh. As the boys began to argue about it left and right pope gives up. "I'm just gonna go out to the deck and fish" he says. "That's random" Kiara says.

A little after the 3 where outside, but me and JJ. Me and JJ stayed in the deck just chilling. He was vaping as always. "So, do you believe in this scooter Grubbs case?" JJ asks me. "I mean John has a point so yeah, that's my brother so I have to stick with him through thick and thin..but he has a good point" I say.

We both stay silent. I was sitting on the couch as he was sitting down on a chair. "Wanna play truth or dare?" JJ asks me. I look at him. "Sure" my flip flops where off as I laid my feet in the small outside couch.

"Truth or Dare Routledge?" J asks. "Dare" I say. "Okay I see you..starting off hard!" He says with a chuckle, I laugh a bit.

"I dare you to~" that's when we both get interrupted. It was Kiara, Pope, and John B walking in here to get back into the house still talking about the ship. "Still talking about the same thing" I ask. "Yup" Kiara says with a sigh. I laugh getting up following them. "We where supposed to start a game here" JJ says following us.

We all sat down in John B room. JJ now had the money of Scooter Grubs in his hand.

Pope snatches. The money out of JJ hand. "For the record if that is a smuggling ship With illegal contraband on the inside of it... it probably belongs to someone else" Pope says. "Isn't that what he was trying to tell you the whole time?" I ask.

"Yup" John says. "Minor details" Kiara says. "They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid" pope says, as JJ snatches the money back. "Right, well stupid things have good outcomes all the time. All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then we just lay low. Just act normal" JJ says looking at the money in his hand. I look at Kiara. "Right and how exactly are we supposed to do that?" pope asks. "A kegger" both me and kie say at the same time. The boys look at each other.