Chapter 46

I UPDATED WHOOOO

- - -

One second, I was still wondering if I was dreaming, making things up, hallucinating, and in the next, Levi had leaned down and kissed me.

May I repeat, the Levi Ackerman, whom I had been in love with for so many years, oblivious to my own obvious feelings, kissed me.

The world could've been burning around me, but I didn't care.

Didn't give a single goddamn thought about what was around me.

Levi hesitantly placed a hand on my hip, the other sliding under my hair to pull me closer by my neck.

I felt like melting into his heat, into his warm embrace as my knees and limbs felt weak.

How long we spent out there, I didn't know, but suddenly there was a loud clap of thunder, making me jump in surprise.

We pulled apart as rain suddenly just tore from the sky.

Both of us breathing heavily, I laughed at the cliché of that moment.

I laughed again as Levi just stared at me, both of us not moving as the rain continued to drench our clothes.

"I love you." Levi said as I stopped laughing, looking back at Levi as he continued to stare at me.

I don't think I've ever seen his eyes so soft, so full of care, my heart softened.

"I love you too." I whispered back as Levi pulled my wrist and pulled me close to his body, wrapping his arms around my body and nuzzling his nose into my neck.

"Don't leave me." Levi whispered, almost too soft to hear past the pounding rain but I smiled a little sadly.

"No matter where I am, I will always love you." I whispered, unable to assure him.

We both knew that we couldn't promise each other that.

The risk of our lives everyday we faced when we agreed to join the Scouts...

My finger tangled into his wet hair as I tightened my arms around him.

For now, we could ignore it, ignore the danger we would face in a few days...

- - Time skip - -

"You do realise that this is a terrible idea." I said to Hange who grinned like a maniac.

"Look at all this meat! I want to try some right now!" Hange said, reaching for a small piece as I slapped her hand away.

"Hange!" I scolded her as she rubbed her hand, pouting a little.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing the plate from her and made my way out to the mess hall, placing the cuisine on the table.

I turned just to see Hange grab a piece of meat as we locked eyes with each other.

"Hange!" I shouted immediately as she bolted off, slamming the door open.

"Ah! Don't kill me!" Hange shouted as I growled a curse under my breathe.

I chased after her, when suddenly, something wrapped around my wrist, pulling me to a stop as I whirled around, ready to attack whoever grabbed my wrist.

However, someone grabbed my fist before I could even throw my punch and I relaxed, knowing that only one person would know my reflexes this well.

"Levi, what are you doing?" I whispered to him as he stared at me and shrugged.

"What are you doing? Chasing shitty glasses isn't going to stop her." Levi said as I rolled my eyes.

"I never realised you were so clingy." I said, grinning as he wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his nose into my hair.