Chapter 3

Another 3 months have gone by since I had gotten my hands on the 3D Manoeuvre gear, except this time, I was with Levi, Farlan and Isabel.

I learnt a lot about them.

Like how all three of them pretended to have a stoic figure on the outside, but deep down were caring and kind.

Yes, this does include Levi, even though he shows it the least.

I also found out I was the youngest.

"How old are you?" Levi asked as I blinked for a second, making Levi scoff.

"Do you not know your own age?" Levi asked as I scowled.

"What month is it?" I asked as Farlan thought for a second.

"May." Farlan said as I blinked.

"Oh." I said as Isabel frowned.

"What's wrong?" She asked as I blinked.

"I turned 16 last month..." I said as Isabel stared at me with a shocked look.

"And you didn't tell us?!" Isabel half-shouted as I held my hands up in defence.

"I didn't know! And it doesn't exactly matter much to me..." I said as Isabel pouted.

"But it does to me! You're 16!" Isabel argued as I looked at Isabel.

"How old are you?" I asked as Isabel grinned.

"16! But I'm older than you by 5 months!" Isabel said as I chuckled before looking at Farlan.

"18." He replied which made sense to me.

Finally, I looked at Levi who clicked his tongue.

"19." Levi said as I choked on the water I was drinking.

"19?!" I asked in shock as Levi glared at me.

"What?" Isabel and Farlan asked as I blinked before clearing my throat.

"No, it's just..." I trailed, wondering if I should say this or not.

Apparently, Levi was just as curious as Farlan and Isabel.

"Spit it out." Levi said as I laughed awkwardly.

"It's just... you're like really small..." I said as Isabel and Farlan were silent for a second before bursting out in laughter.

I blinked in shock.

"H-huh? What?" I asked as the two of them continued to laugh, Levi's glare on me was deadly.

"This is the first time, anyones every insulted our little Levi here!" Farlan said with tears of laughter streaming down his face.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked as they kept laughing, Isabel shaking her head.

"No! It's just the two of us were always scared to insult bro!" Isabel said as I laughed a little too.

It felt natural, to be with the three of them.

- - Flashback - - 

I winced, the small cut on my hand was barely nothing but it still stung like hell.

Knocking on the door, I waited for someone to open it.

"Hey Y/n- Is your hand bleeding?" Farlan asked, eyes widening at the sight of the blood profusely bleeding down my hand.

The rag that I was holding was stained red.

"Uh... no?" I said as I heard the sound of footsteps as Isabel peaked over Farlan's shoulder.