Chapter 22

"Have you talked to Levi?" I asked Petra silently as we hung at the back of our squad.

"It went well. Thank you, for the advice." Petra said with a nod as I sighed.

"Petra, you don't have to talk to me like that. I'm your friend." I said as Petra looked at me, lips quivering.

"But I almost killed the vice-" Petra started as I shushed her immediately.

"What's in the past is in the past." I said as Petra sighed before looking at me with a smile.

"Okay. Thanks, Y/n." Petra said as I smiled.

Currently, we were on the way to the cottage our new squad was currently occupying and cleaning out for Levi.

Erwin had assigned Levi new members in the Special Operations Squad.

More like half to me and half to Levi.

Although we were in the same squad, I would take charge since the squad was quite large, meaning that Levi wouldn't be able to take care of us all.

I had tried refusing, but Erwin didn't want to take 'no' as an answer.

In my team, I had Oluo, Jean, Sasha, and Connie.

Levi had Petra, Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Historia.

Originally, Petra had been in my squad and Oluo had been in Levi's squad, but I had requested to switch the two.

When Erwin had asked why, I said that Oluo had more experience than Petra, so it would be better to have him in my team to help with the new cadets.

"Tch, those brats better have cleaned the house out." Levi said as I rolled my eyes.

"Go easy on them! They're still fairly new. We don't want them to be killed my your standards." I joked as Petra and Oluo both snickered.

And although Levi rolled his eyes, looking away, he had a faint smile on his lips.

- - Time skip - -

"Why, you!"

"Give it back."

"Hey, focus! We gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back!"

"Put back the bread!"

I sighed as Levi clicked his tongue in annoyance, pushing the door open and stepping into the room.

"What's this commotion about?" Levi asked as Historia stared at us, myself offering her a small smile which she returned.

"How many times have you done this now?" Jean asked, all of the new cadets crowding Sasha.

"Our food reserves are precious!" Armin said as he stole the bread which Sasha had tried to take.

"Cut the crap, Potato Girl!" Jean shouted but paused as they all finally noticed Levi.

I watched as he brushed his hand under the surface of the table, staring at the dust on his fingers.

"I'm quite sure I gave you enough time." Levi said as Eren shook his head as everyone didn't reply.

"Anyways... We'll discuss your lax cleaning job another time." Levi said, grabbing his handkerchief to wipe the dust off his hands.

"Eren. Hange is itching to get the experiments started." Levi said as Eren nodded.

"R-Right." Eren stammered.

- - -

Eren's titan let out a loud roar before falling to the ground.