Chapter 8

"Eren Jaeger can shift into a titan!" Hange said excitedly.

"Huh?" I asked, breaking out of my trance as Hange was mumbling to herself, drooling over the simple thought.

"One of the cadets can transform into a titan? Amazing! I want meet him right now!" Hange shouted as I looked at Erwin.

"Is this true?" I asked as Erwin nodded.

"He transformed into a titan, killing off many before Commander Pixis deemed his not a threat to humanity. Pixis came with a plan to use Eren and move a boulder to close the hole in the gate." Erwin explained as I blinked in surprise.

"Use a titan... Eren?" I mumbled as Levi didn't even seem affected by the news.

"What are our orders?" Levi asked in a bored tone.

"Nothing. The Garrison are helping Eren and the Survey Corps are to join in after." Erwin said as I pursed my lips.

"You are important and we can't have you dying if this does fail." Erwin said before I could even say anything.

Sighing, I agreed and walked to the side, standing on the edge of the wall.

"What happened?" I heard Erwin ask to Levi.

I didn't hear him reply as I tried to distract myself, anything to stop the image of the broken body to enter my mind.

Squeezing my eyes closed, I clenched my fists tightly.

I hated being on the sidelines, I felt useless.

"Are you alright?" A voice said as I opened my eyes to stare at Levi.

He was staring ahead, to where Eren was supposedly closing off the breach in the wall.

I watched his raven hair ruffle slightly in the wind as I smiled slightly.

"No... but later." I whispered as I looked at him with a determined look.

"Why not another challenge when we have to save the Garrison's asses?" I joked as Levi looked at me before smiling a little.

"You sure do enjoy losing if you keep looking for it." Levi said as I chuckled, my eyes hovering on him a second more as I stared at him smile.

Turning away, I stared off ahead.

"Sure, say that when I beat you." I said as Levi smiled a little more.

It had me happy. To be able to bring a smile to his lips.

However, my thoughts were cut off as I saw something fire off into the sky.

"Yellow smoke round sighted. The operation has succeeded!" Someone said as I looked to the side to see Commander Pixis.

Everyone gasped in shock and surprise as I grabbed my handles.

"Send more reinforcements! Evac the elite team!" Pixis shouted as I glanced at Levi who nodded.

"Let's go." Levi said as he took off.

I followed along with Petra, Oluo, Gunther and Eld close behind.

As we got closer, my heart seized up slightly as I saw Armin and Eren.

Above them hovered two titans as I moved without a second thought.

Sinking the hooks into the nape of the titans, I swiped my blades against its neck.

I turned to the second but Levi came rolling in.

Not kidding, he's like a fidget spinner.

The two titans fell to the ground as I turned to Eren and Armin, also spotting Mikasa.