35 The Pink-haired Baker

"YOU DID WHAT??!!"

Maddie couldn't help but chuckle at Raven's reaction.

Maddie was wearing a mint hooded t-shirt, a pair of purple shorts, and a pair of mint sneakers. She also has her ever-present hat hair clip on.

Raven was wearing a purple shirt topped with a black hooded vest, a pair of black shorts, and a pair of black high tops. She also had her hair tied back into a ponytail.

They are currently headed to Hood Hollow to meet the young Red Riding Hood.

It was a pleasant Saturday morning, but the two of them are walking under the seemingly endless shade provided by the trees of the  Dark Forest.

Well, they were walking. Until Raven heard what Maddie did on Thursday.

"I said, I jumped off a cliff," Maddie replied with a slight laugh.

"WHY??!!"

"I had to get the phoenix feather. Though, I had a rope tied around my waist, so it was pretty safe."

"Still! You could've been seriously hurt!" Raven shouted.

At this point, Maddie is pretty sure that the rustling noises that she had just heard from around them were the sound of the creatures fleeing from the site.

"How could my mom let you do that?!" Raven added, now continuing to walk.

"Oh…" Maddie said, falling in step with the taller girl as she sheepishly rubbed the back of her head. "I kind of went ahead with Crow. And I got scolded by Reina. Well, we."

"Hm," Raven hummed, seemingly calming down. "Good for you. So what did you do yesterday?"

Maddie bit her lip at the question.

"Well I kind of helped your mother brew. And we finished making all the orders before 1 pm."

"So I don't have anything left to do, is that it?"

"Sorry," Maddie winced. "I know that you want to do the brewing, but Reina kind of noticed how irritable you are after an entire night of brewing. So we finished all of them before she went off to do what she was supposed to do yesterday."

Raven placed a hand on Maddie's shoulder.

"It's alright, Maddie," Raven assured with a small smile. "And I'm glad she noticed."

Maddie returned the smile. "Now, enough about my week. What happened with yours? Did things get better with Apple temporarily out of the picture?"

As if on cue, Raven stopped walking.

And Maddie could have sworn that there was a light pink tint on the taller girl's cheeks.

"N-nothing much happened," Raven responded. "Just the usual."

Maddie raised an eyebrow at this. "You sure?"

Raven nodded at this. "Yup."

"So Dexter literally crashing into you in the halls while your ears were inflamed yesterday is a usual thing?" a new voice spoke from behind them.

With a yelp, both teens turned towards the direction of the sound.

Before them stood Cerise wearing a dark gray shirt, a pair of dark brown shorts, and a pair of black high tops. She also had her ever-present red hood on.

"Cerise!" Maddie exclaimed in relief, pulling the girl into a hug.

"Cerise!" Raven whined, with regards to what the new arrival said.