34 The Agreement

"REINAAAAA!!"

Maddie screamed as she barged in through the open front door of the castle-mansion.

It has been a few minutes since she ran off from the school grounds. And five root trips since she had entered the part of the path that was in the Dark Forest.

"REIN-- What are you wearing?" Maddie interrupted herself upon landing her gaze at the woman's direction.

Reina was wearing a dark purple button-up dress shirt topped with a black blazer, a pair of black slacks, and a pair of high-heeled black leather ankle boots. She had her hair tied back into a low ponytail, and had a pair of black-rimmed glasses on her face.

Next to her, on his perch, was Crow. And he had a measuring tape on his neck.

"Uhm…" Reina trailed off.

"She got a little jealous of the school and decided to try to look like a teacher," Crow responded, earning a glare from the woman. He chanced a glance at her before turning back to Maddie. "My, my… You look like a fine young student. Except for the few twigs and leaves on your hair."

Maddie looked at the both of them in confusion, mostly at Reina and her attire. "Why?"

"Why, what?" Crow asked back.

"Why did she get jealous of the school?"

Crow gave her a once over and used his wing to gesture at her. "Did you not hear my comment earlier?"

"Oh, sorry about that," Maddie responded, plucking a twig out of her tri-colored hair. "I was worried about Raven and--"

She then stopped halfway through the second twig when she remembered why she was in a rush to get back. "OH!!"

"What 'oh'?" Reina asked.

"Raven and Cerise are in trouble! We have to help them!!" Maddie exclaimed, jumping up and down as if she was ready to run back through the woods.

"First of all, I don't know who that Cerise girl is," Reina commented. "And second… WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??!!"

Maddie bit her lip. "She got into trouble by helping me cover up the fact that I just snuck into campus, and standing up to a bully."

"How did she get in trouble for standing u--" Crow began to ask.

"The bully was Apple--" Madeline cut in.

"White?" Reina finished. "Apple White?"

Maddie noticed that the woman's right hand was clenched into a fist.

"Uh huh…" she responded with a nervous nod.

Reina grumbled something under her breath that Maddie didn't hear and began to stomp out of the house.

"Just because she is the daughter of the 'Oh-So-Beautiful-And-Powerful' Snow White, doesn't mean that she can do that to my Raven!" Reina said in anger.

Maddie followed the woman out of the house.

'Wait- Snow White named her daughter after the thing that had put her to sleep?' Maddie thought before shaking her head. 'Not the time for that!'

"Reina--" Maddie began but was interrupted by a flash of magic.

A purple flash of magic.

"Maddie!" Raven and Cerise's voices echoed as they ran towards the tri-colored-haired girl, laughing as they tackled her into a hug.

"Girls!" Maddie laughed along, unsure why the two were laughing. "I- I don't understand…"

Raven stood up with a huge smile on her face. "We got out of the school unscathed."