Chapter Twenty

Joy and Mia knocked and walked through Cheyenna's room, eyes and ears heightened with all to see and hear. Cheyenna was sitting on the bed in the middle of the room on her phone, and the only other people in the room were Christina and Cheyenna's mom, Lisa.

"Joy! My second daughter, come here, come here!" Lisa rushed over to Joy and wrapped her in a hug. Lisa was like Joy's second mom growing up, Cheyenna and her family were always there for her when she was young.

"You have got to tell me how you've been doing with your photography!" Lisa let her go and patted down on the bed beside her, signaling for her to sit.

Lisa shook her head and softly hit herself in the forehead, "I don't believe we've met. I'm Cheyenna's mom. You must be Mia." Lisa smiled at her and she nodded politely.

"Don't overwhelm her mother, come over here Mia." Cheyenna summoned her to the other side of the bed.

Mia sat in a comfortable chair across from the bed, "Where is everyone else?"

Without looking up from her phone, Cheyenna answered, "Selena went out to get coffees and fruit for everyone and Tia is still asleep."

Mia nodded and crossed her legs, "So, do we get to know the color of bridesmaids' dresses now?"

"I guess now would be an alright time. Come with me." Cheyenna took Mia's hand and led her over to the walk in closet where the dresses were hanging.

As soon as Mia walked into the room, she saw the gorgeous dresses. Her dresses were a gorgeous dark emerald and they were all made from beautiful silk. Each of them had a different style, but were all unique.

Cheyenna walked to the end and picked one off the rack that had Mia's name on a white tag. It was a long dress with a crisscross sleeve and a flowy train that was just long enough to cover her legs, but not so long that she'll trip. She was also the only bridesmaid who was given flats.

"Cheyenna, they're beautiful!" Mia said, walking over to her dress to feel the material, "When do we get to put them on?"

"Later, we're going to do our hair, then do our makeup, and then we'll put them on and get all the pictures we want."

Mia smiled and nodded, "Are you excited?"

"I am. This all feels like a dream." Cheyenna said, with a light blush on her pale cheeks.

"You deserve it."

Everyone got there and they all got seated in their chairs. Cheyenna's mom left in order to make sure the men were all getting ready as they were all scheduled to be at this time. All the girls had their hair done, and Joy was the last one to get her makeup done. Joshua's mom offered to do all the girls' makeup, so she was almost done with Joy's face. So far, she has done a beautiful job with everyone's faces.

"Okay, you're all set." Sheila, Joshua's mom, said, standing up and applying hand sanitizer.

Joy looked in the mirror and had to admit that Sheila had done a nice job with everything, even her skin which was hard to find the right color for.

"Okay, I'm going to head up to the men." Sheila made a stink face which made everyone laugh, "If any of you need anything, give me a call!"

Sheila left the room and that left the bride and the bridesmaids.

"Alright ladies, line up and go get in your dresses!" Cheyenna instructed as she tightened her white robe.

They all did as they were told and went into the room one by one and got dressed. All of them fit perfectly in their dresses and shoes, and they all looked perfect.