Chapter Fifteen

Three days later, Joy was pacing around her apartment trying to find an outfit for Mia's baby shower/gender reveal party. Joy was team girl, but would rather die than wear pink so she was avidly searching for a blue ensemble. The only thing she found that was clean were jeans and a blue dress she hadn't worn since college. But, evidently it would have to do.

She and Bellamy had gone out the day before to find gifts for their pregnant pal, but nothing truly sparked Joy's attention. So she ended up just gifting the couple a fifteen dollar gift card to Target. Which she was sure Mia would love, seeing that her interests change every twenty minutes.

The party was in the middle of Staten Island and had to leave two hours earlier than the expected arrival time to factor in possible traffic. To her happiness though, the ferry she was going to get on had beignets on board so, it wasn't all bad.

She threw her gift bag with the giftcard in it in the backseat, threw on a hoodie over her dress, and jumped in the driver's seat.

Joy arrived at the party twenty minutes early, and thankfully they still needed help setting up chairs. She parked alongside Bellamy's car and went into the venue to help with set up.
The building was beautiful. Not only was the outdoor portion of the place covered in sunflowers, but the inside was light hearted but elegant at the same time. There were yellow couches with white undertones, she figured that was purposefully done to match the sunflowers. As she went through the doors, she saw Bellamy exiting the ballroom.

"Bellamy!" She called out, walking quickly toward her friend. Bellamy turned toward Joy and told her to hang on because she was on the phone. Once she reached her, Bellamy showed Joy the caller; it was the bakery.

"I don't see why the commute matters now, we planned this weeks ago!" Bellamy complained, resting her hand on her hip.

She shook her head and listened to the other line, "No it starts in fifteen minutes, we need it by five!"

More words were spouted from the other line, causing a vein to pop out of Bellamy's neck in frustration.

"I'll figure something out. Goodbye." She took the phone off the side of her face and hung up. She brushed her hair out of her face and turned to Joy and plastered a fake smile on her face.

"The baker refuses to drive over to deliver the cupcakes. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, she put me in charge of the food." Bellamy yapped looking around in panic.

"I can drive there if you want." Joy offered, "Parties aren't really my thing anyway. It would be nice to be late but with a purpose."

Bellamy's lips upturned from their frown, "Really? You would do that?"

Joy nodded, confirming her offer. She truly didn't mind at all.

"Oh my God, you are a true lifesaver! I'll text you the address, you are my hero." Bellamy pulled Joy to her and kissed her forehead.

Joy laughed, pulled out her phone, and headed toward the doors.

On the way to the bakery which to Joy's happiness was all the way in Brooklyn, she began to think about all she was in store for tonight. Dylan would most likely be there, if he wasn't still on his ass like he was the other night.

He had called her three or four times since that night but Joy hadn't picked up any of them. She had no interest in talking to him, she needed to move on. Yes, it did hurt her the other night to see how pained he was, but she featured that drunk Dylan was taking over normal, sober Dylan. There was absolutely no way that he genuinely missed her as much as he did, because if he was being truthful he would've called her before the drunk mess he was the other night.