Chapter Ten

Joy and Dylan had plans this afternoon for a broadway show and then dinner. Joy rushed through her work in order to get home and get ready for her date. She showered and shaved in preparation for after the date.

It was chilly on this Tuesday night, so Joy had worn a small leather jacket on top of her brown dress. She held her clutch close to her as she said goodbye to Mia, and walked out the front door.

She quickly made her way down the stairs and into the lobby. She made a habit of taking the stairs before a date to enhance the muscle in her calves. It was a small trick that she believed worked wonders.

"Alright she should be walking down the stairs right about now" Jeremy whispered into Theo and Jack's earpieces while he drove their van around her building. They knew exactly what to do and it was all in line.

"Okay, we're in place." Jack said, prepared to spot the brunette at any second.
Each of them were placed behind the pillars that held up the awning in front of Joy's building. Theo held duct tape in one hand and kept his other free in order to withhold her.

Joy smiled as she stepped outside of her building. The cool air met her nose and she let the hair behind her ears fall to the sides of her face.

A deep gasp exuded from Joy's mouth as big arms wrapped around her torso. Another set of arms slapped a piece of duct tape around her mouth as they dragged her toward a black van. She screamed, but the duct tape along with the man's hand around her throat caused her screams to go unheard. She kicked as hard as she could manage, but even when she put all her force behind the kicks, the men were stronger.

They shoved Joy into the backseat and Theo sat beside her, and buckled her into a seat. The second they let go of her, she sprung to her feet, attempting to get out of the vehicle before it was too late. Theo caught onto her movements, and wrapped both arms around her torso, and slammed her back into the leather seats.

"Get it moving. Someone could have seen us." Theo instructed, grabbing ropes out of the tailgate, to wrap around Joy.

Theo ripped the tape off of her mouth as the car started moving.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE?" Joy screamed as she jerked away from Theo as he wrapped ropes around her arms.

Ignoring her struggles, Theo replied, "I am Theo James. Your boyfriend fired me a few weeks ago, fully knowing I have a pregnant wife at home."

"And what the fuck does that have to do with me?" Joy announced, blowing her hair out of her face.

Theo chuckled evilly, "Unfortunately nothing. You are a means to an end, my dear,"

Joy began to gag as her heart sank. If she is the means to an end, what did that mean for Dylan? Was he going to be okay?

She hated that her first concern was Dylan even if her life was the one in immediate danger. She hated how much he had invaded her life, how much she cared for him. He was her everything. He had to be okay.

"Let me go. If you know how close I am to him, maybe I can help you." Joy pleaded as she stopped fighting Theo's ropes.

Theo rolled his eyes, "If I thought you could help me, we wouldn't be here."

"Please-"

"No. I'm done speaking to you."

He ripped another piece of duct tape off to strap onto her mouth.

"NO, I'll be quiet please-" She was silenced.

"Do you know if Mia is with Joy right now?" Dylan spoke into his phone, while standing outside of the theater, "It's supposed to start in ten."