Chapter Four : New

Jeon Jungkook

Namjoon's voice called out my name with another name before it woke me up from my nap. I stretched and glanced over towards where he was gesturing between her and me. I rolled my eyes when I noticed it was the newbie. Oh great...

'we got the young freshman cutie. nice.' JK was amused.

Will you shut up? It's fine since she's going to do all of the work anyways. They always do. All the girls do. Who would defy their alpha?

Namjoon continued calling out pairs until he told us to get acquainted with our new partners since we'd be stuck with them for the rest of semester. I sighed and rolled my eyes, heading down towards the newbie as Namjoon shot me a glare a few seconds before.

"Hey." I started first, grabbing her attention as she turned to face me. "I'm Jungkook."

"Sunme." She responds, looking up at me.

"Come." I grab her wrist and pull her to the back of the classroom so we could be away from the crowd. "Give me your phone."

"Huh?" She asks, probably still flustered from me dragging her up here.

"Phone." I repeat myself, extending my hand to get her phone.

She blinks a few times before realization hit her and she grabs her phone out of her pocket and places it on my hand. I take it and input my number in her phone as 'Jungkook' and hand it back after texting myself. My phone vibrates in my pocket.

"Cool, so I got your number. See you." I respond rather coldly and emotionless, leaving the classroom and heading over to the next class.

"Jungkook!" I hear a deep voice call out for me.

Turning towards the voice I was met with a boxy smile. "Hey hyung."

Taehyung was the only one I could really tolerate out of the rest of the group. Well, I guess Jimin too, but he can get on my nerves at times too.

"So how was the first class of your senior year?" He smiles brightly, walking with me towards the direction of his and my next class.

I sighed in annoyance. "So annoying. Namjoon and Jin are nagging me again and to make matters worse, I'm paired with a human as my lab partner. I bet you Namjoon did that on purpose too, just to spite me. He knows how much they annoy me."

Taehyung listened to me rant and just nodded in acknowledgement. "Kook, I'm sure Namjoon hyung did not do that on purpose, but you did spark my curiosity. I've heard of a rumor of another human joining the university, but I'm confused as to why. I heard it wasn't even through the 'lottery draw', it was actually offered by your father."

I stopped in my tracks. "What?" I turn to face him as he lightly bumps into me at the abrupt stop. "You're telling me my father offered her a place here? In an all-wolf university, himself?"

Taehyung nods. "Yup." He pops the 'p' sound for effect. "She must be very impressive. I'd like to meet her."

I rolled my eyes. "Hyung, don't tell me you're still believing that maybe you didn't find your mate because somehow the Moon Goddess decided to destine a human as your mate."

He scoffs. "Why not? It's been over seven years Jungkook. I haven't found my mate in over seven years despite me looking everywhere for her. So, it's either the Moon Goddess has someone special destined for me, or I'm just not deserving of one."

His eyes became dark, filled with sadness as he dropped his head a little. My inner wolf cringed at the sight of an alpha showing vulnerability, but I pulled him into a hug and sighed.