Chapter Two : Split

Over the years, the alpha had watched over both his own, along with two daughters whom he promised to raise with care for his long, lost love. It would be an understatement to say it was difficult for the head alpha. His son was a true-blood alpha, requiring much of his father's attention. The daughters were still young, not knowing what was going on with their parents, requiring the constant attentiveness from the alpha.

"Appa, how long do I have to wait before I get to meet my mate?" the head-alpha's son asks in curiosity. "Eomma says I'm too young."

The alpha chuckles at his son. "Jungkook-ah, eomma's right. You are too young."

The true-blood pouts. "But I'm twelve now. I'm a big boy! I'm ready!"

Jungkook's mother rolls her eyes at her son's logic. "Kookie, you're still too young."

"But I won't be able to take over the pack until I get a mate." Jungkook pouts.

"Now who told you that?" Head-alpha questions.

"Namjoon hyung." the true-blood answers without hesitation. "He says I can't be the head-alpha like appa until I have a mate to be my Luna."

"You don't need to have a mate in order to take over the pack Jungkook-ah." the head-alpha chuckles, gesturing for his son to come sit on the couch next to him.

The young alpha comes and sits down next to his father.

"Eventually, you will need your Luna to help you take care of your pack, but it is not a requirement to take over as head-alpha."

"So you'll give me the pack right now then?"

The head-alpha shakes his head. "No Jungkook-ah, not now. It's too soon. You're not ready. You're too young. You have years before you need to worry about that. Have fun in the meantime, hmm?" He ruffles his son's hair lovingly.

"Hmph," the true-blood pouts.

The alpha smiles, before glancing at the time, realizing he needs to head out.

"Appa has to go again. I'll be back okay Jungkook-ah? Be good for eomma while appa heads out for important business, okay?"

"Yes appa." the pup responds reluctantly, dropping his head.

The head-alpha kisses the top of his head before kissing his Luna's forehead. "I'll be back baby."

The Luna nods, approaching her pouting son, in attempts to cheer him up as her husband left.

______

"Hungry unnie." The younger alpha pouts at her older sister.

"I know," the older beta sighs. "Uncle will be back soon."

The two were now ten and six years old respectively, growing up under the care of their 'Uncle Jeon' whom they now trusted with everything. The two pups still longed for their parents, but as their 'uncle' had explained to them time and time again, they won't be able to come see them until they are done with their business overseas, which could be for a long time.

"Go do your homework that uncle gave us." The beta suggests.

The alpha pup pouts. "I did unnie."

"All of it?" the older questions in disbelief. "Like, all of the pages?"

The young alpha nods her head. "All of the pages."

The beta blinks her eyes in rapid succession as if that would help her comprehend her sister's level of intelligence. "Do you... love school or something?"