Stand In

Harry was worried, Mirabel had been gone all day. No one had seen her since yesterday, and after what happened no one asked about it. After she had let them back in she said she was going to use her sick days before closing the door.

They asked Bruno what she meant, but he had no idea what. The students asked Bruno a lot of questions too, about why no one knew he was her father. Bruno was pointed to avoid those questions if anyone asked them to him.

But now as the second day rolled around and it became noon with no one having seen Mirabel he's now actively worried.

That was until Mirabel walked into the great hall during lunch. She had on a cheerful smile and a skip in her step twirling and practically dancing as she sat down next to Harry.

"Hola Harry," she said in a cheerful voice. Harry, Hermione, and Ron all quirk a eyebrow in surprise. Mirabel was acting off, in a really weird way.

"Mirabel are you okay?" Harry asks. "I'm great! And hungry," she said and starts piling her plate high with food. "Got any gravy?" She asks.

Everyone raises a eyebrow at this odd behaviour. Why was Mirabel acting so much like?

It hit Harry as he watched 'Mirabel' scarf down food. "So how's your Prima?" Harry asks. Mirabel gives a small sly smirk and said. "She doesn't think we're doing enough over here, so she's gonna try some of her own tactics for awhile," 'Mirabel' explains with a sly grin. "And how long will she be gone for?" Harry asks. Mirabel shrugs her shoulders in response.

"Don't know, but don't worry Primo, cause I've been practicing. My favourite prima even got me a nice birthday present," mirabel pulls out a wand, but instead of Mirabel's wand in was slightly short, thicker, but still slim by wand standards, and had detailing like a reptiles skin with a varying shade as you got to the bottom of the wand where the grin looked like it was shaped like a standard grip.

Harry looks at Hermione and Ron whom had caught on and now had dropped mouths. "What does your prima expect us to do then? Just wait for her?" Ron asks. "Also you are not allowed to have that!" Hermione whisper hisses. Mirabel giggles and said. "Oh you really are no fun," She said and the bell rung.

Mirabel stood up and said in practically a sing song voice. "Now which class do we have now?" She asks.

With our real girl

Call her reckless, stupid, and down right suicidal, but Mirabel has been driven to this point. All she wanted this year was to act like a child her age, just once! Well if she can't act like a child at school, she's gonna give the people who are keeping her from it hell.

Sure giving Camilo a wand is something she'll probably regret later, but that's future Mirabel's problem. Present Mirabel's problem is sneaking into Fudge's office. Sneaking into the Ministry of magic itself was not too hard, she just opened the door in a old janitors closet and exited using a invisibility cloak she made in her third year.

Now she just needed to get into Fudge's office. She needed to find stuff like records, documents, anything linking him to the coverups the ministry has been preforming. At the very least she needs to get the word out about the escaped death eaters running loose.

She hopes Camilo can keep up the act for her.

As she waits she thinks back to what she did after she let everyone back into Hogwarts.

Flashback

Camilo grins as Mirabel lead him through dragon alley. It was not as busy as when she visits since it was not the middle of a school holiday. Still they wore disguises. Camilo was actually shifted as a old wizard he spotted from the corner of his eye while Mirabel had swapped her glasses for temporary contacts, a scarf, long sleeves with gloves, and a dull grey robe to keep from drawing attention to herself.