12. WHAT IS IT?~

Ignore the mistakes and happy reading 📚 😊
____________________________

ONE MONTH LATER

A month has passed since the case was reopened. But hm was not able to find any other clue related to it, neither against ks nor anyone else. Constant failing has built a different kind of agitation in hm. At the beginning she knew that it was going to be difficult but now it seemed almost impossible to crack.

Along with this, pressure from dsp was increasing by every passing day. HM's helpless state was making her more grumpy. And these changes in her behavior and personality, over a month, was clearly visible to mpt members but they didn't have the courage to ask hm anything just because of the guards that she has built around her over the time.

____________________________

As usual hm was sitting in her cabin, with the file opened, lying in front of her and she was lost in her own world.

Ks knocked the door of the cabin but hm didn't responded. After knocking for several times ks herself entered in and snapped fingers infront of hm eyes disrupting her thoughts.

As soon as hm became conscious and felt that ks was standing right there and her secret case's file was wide open in front of her, the first thing that adrenalin rush made her do was to immediately close the file and lean all over it so ks could didn't get a chance to read the name of the file.

Unfortunately this unusual reaction of hm was enough to confirm ks that the reason behind this suspicious behavior of hm was this file only. But ks didn't let hm arise a suspicion.

Ks(proposed in a normal tone)- ..w..wo ms... bahar sab log lunch krne jaa rhe the to agar aap bhi chalti to sab log saath lunch kr lete...bahut din hogaye h.

Hm( looking away from ks and said)- achaa...theek h, aap jaiye, ham aate h.

Ks(didn't believe her ears, so, she asked once again in order to confirm)- ka ms aap maan gayi?

Hm( looked at ks in a while and asked confusingly)- kya??

Ks(clearing hm's doubts)- nhi wo aap ek hi baar mein maan gayi to wahi thora ajeeb laga...bas isiliye dubara pucha!

Hm( justified her action)- ha wo hame bhook lagi thi isiliye ham maan gaye... khair aap chaliye ks, ham aakr join kr lenge aaplogo ko.

Ks(nodded)- ji Ms!

After that ks left and went to her desk to take her tiffin but her gaze was fixed at hm, who most probably busy in hiding the file. Ks stood at her place for  staring at hm while thinking, " ye file pe S, A, M khari(vertically) mein kyu likha tha aur aisa kya h is file mein jo haseena itne ajeeb dhang se bartav krne lagi h.... jaise maano inke paas bahut kuch h batane ke liye par bharosa nhi h kisi pr inhe jise ye sab bata sake!"

"Hame kuch bhi krke wo file tak pahuchna hoga aur janna hoga ki aisa bhi kya case h jisne inhe is hadd tak badal diya h", thought ks.

"Aur sabse pahle ye S A M kya h, soch karu soch kya ho skta h ye S A M jiski wajah se ye itna pareshan h", ks murmured to herself.

" maddam aap aapna tiffin lene aaye the na phir wapas kyu nhi aaye?" asked Santu breaking KS's trance.

"Ha wo hamne dekha ki ms bhi kafi pareshan h aur kuch khaya nhi h subha se to unhe bhi bula liya hamne....aur wo maan bhi gayi, to bas ab tiffin hi lekr aarhe the", said ks while smiling at santu.

Santu smiled back and said," theek h aap aao main jaati hu"

Ks just nodded.

____________________________