Papa

After minutes of shouting and shaking her, Nancy Wheeler finally came out of her trance, leaving Vecna behind as she gasped and fell to the floor

Steve caught her, comforting her as she calmed down, "Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here. I'm not leaving, okay?"

The group decided to sleep before anything that night

The group decided to sleep before anything that night. Robin stayed with Nancy, making sure she was okay after what she had just been through.

Steve and Athelia took the couch, whereas everybody else had to deal with anywhere they could find.

Athelia didn't waste time to crawl into Steve's arms, finding comfort in his scent.

"You sure it doesnt hurt?" Athelia asked, talking about her back against his wounded stomach.

"I'm sure." He nodded, "You're actually helping me."

"Then I'll stay." Athelia grinned, turning around to face him. She noticed how dirty he was, his face speckled with anything from the Upside Down, mostly dark, dried blood.

"Was it bad?" She asked him, stroking his hair gently to soothe him to sleep.

Steve nodded silently.

"I've never been there."

"I never want you to." He told her, kissing her forehead, "it was awful. You don't need to go through that, love."

The old nickname sent a shiver down her spine, she loved that he called her that.

"If it comes down to it, I'm going." She told him, "I dont care what you say. I want to help. I cant stay on the bench all game, coach."

"And if that's the case, I'll go with you." Steve smiled softly, "to protect you from the awful creatures down there."

"I can't lose you, Steve." Athelia said quietly. "You're too important to me."

"Lia-"

"Jesus, can you two stop eye fucking each other and just sleep!" Eddie shouted from the mattress on the floor, "I'm sick of it!"