Between Seasons

Over the past year, Athelia Harrows had moved away from Hawkins, to Michigan, where she lived out her dreams of becoming an fantasy author for young adults like her

At the age of twenty, Athelia had published her first book named 'Upside Down', based on her experiences in Hawkins.

Of course, to keep it legal, she had to change names and faces of the people involved, but she used her own self as main character, understanding how each scene of the plot felt like.

She planned it to be a trilogy, of everything that had happened. It started with Will's character 'Danny' going missing one day, being taken by the Demogorgon.

Then second book would be about the Demo-Dogs, and how the girl with superpowers (Trixie) closed the portal between the two worlds.

Then the next  would be about the new mall in town, StarPlace Mall, where the Mind Flayer was wreaking havoc and controlling Esme's half brother, Elliot, who ended up sacrificing himself to save the heroes.

She hoped that the third book would be the final she would have to write, and that any way to the Upside Down had been closed permanently.

Truthfully, she had no idea what was going on in Hawkins, nobody had kept their promise of keeping in touch - not even Steve. The only person Athelia still spoke to was Dustin, when he had the time.

They both kept each other updated about their lives, he helped athelia with her story sometimes, giving her different reactions for his character, Liam. And other times, she would listen to how he was dealing with high school.

He had joined a new club, Hellfire, it was called. Apparently it was a Dungeons and Dragons club ran by nineteen year old Eddie Munson, who had been held back two years due to his slipping grades.

Dustin described him like a god, explaining his passion for the game, and how well his campaign was going currently. Eddie was a brilliant dungeon master, describing every little detail about the campaign, even small ones that were irrelevant.

And... him and suzie were still together! They were going strong for nearly a year. Athelia and Dustin usually contacted each other via Cerebro, which she now had her own of, after Dustin send her a replica in the mail one day.

It made her truly happy that at least somebody didn't forget her existence after she left Hawkins. It felt as though she had just became irrelevant to everybody else, even Steve and Nancy.

Eleven wrote to her every now and then, telling Athelia about her new friend Angela, and how they always went roller blaring together. She smiled at the letters, putting them in a box for safe keeping before writing her one back.

When Athelia got lonely, she would read through them, noticing how El's spelling and handwriting improved over time, school was really doing her well.

Jonathan had made a new stoner friend called Argyle, who seemed cool. He drove everybody to school from his Surfer Boy Pizza van from work, considering Jonathan's car got wrecked in the mall fire.

Athelia was happy that everyone was doing well in California, unlike her. Yes, she may have achieved her dream of becoming a published author, but she still missed her true home back in Hawkins.

She had debated visiting for a week or two, to see Dustin for a few days before leaving again. The only thing stopping her was what drove her away: The Upside Down.

Every time everyone was in Hawkins, the dimension managed to find a way to become relevant again, and Athelia really didn't want to spend another year writing a fourth book.

One night, she mentioned it to Dustin over their weekly Cerebro talk, and he sounded so excited. She could hear his lisp in his voice as he told her, "Yes, come visit!"

God, she missed everyone so much. Maybe a quick trip back for a week wouldn't do her harm. It could give her new content to work on her books with, inspire her to write about more places and people within Hawkins.

"Fine." Athelia groaned with a fake attitude, "If you insist. But you can't tell anyone!"

Dustin pledged his secrecy about the visit, promising to keep his mouth shut about her arrival. He agreed to meet her at her house, and then give her a tour of what Hawkins had became since she saw it last.

So, she packed her bags with what she could need for the fortnight, and put some cash on the counter for gas in the morning.

Tomorrow she would drive back home.

A/nJust a little updateon how everyone isdoing since season 4

A/n
Just a little update
on how everyone is
doing since season 4.

I actually love that
Athelia took the
seasons and actually
wrote a book about
them. #FanFicAuthor.