Battle of Starcourt

Athelia felt sick watching the pain El was going through, watching whatever was in her leg squirm beneath her skin

"What is that?" Erica winced, watching her leg twitch.

Mike sighed, "There's something in there."

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan ordered, running off somewhere.

"Jesus Christ." Athelia groaned, kneeling over El, "Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake."

"Let's get her on this side, on this side." Mike said, moving Eleven gently to somewhere more open.

"You know, it's not actually that bad." Robin comforted, "There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

"Robin." Steve sighed. "You're not helping."

"I'm sorry."

Jonathan returned with gloved hands, a sharp knife, and a wooden spoon. What the spoon was for, Athelia couldn't guess, but she could tell that his plan was to cut the thing out.

"Okay. All right, El?" He said, sitting in front of her laying body. "This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

The girl nodded, shouting out in pain.

"Need you to stay real still." Athelia told her. "You think you can do that?"

"Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" Joanthan passed her the spoon, Mike pushed it between her teeth.

[TW: Gore in the next couple paragraphs. I'll put a marker where it ends for people that aren't good with this stuff]

Athelia held onto the girl's hand as Jonathan sliced down the side of El's leg, right over the movement.

"Jesus Christ. Holy shit. Holy shit." Jonathan gagged, placing the knife beside him, and readying his hand above the wound. El whimpered in the agonisingly slow rate the wound was being treated.

"Do it." Mike told him with an affirmative nod.

"Okay. Oh, shit." Jonathan assured himself before reaching between the parts of El's skin.

He closed his eyes, pausing before gaining the courage to continue.

"Jonathan!"
"Keep going!"

"Stop talking! Goddamn it!" He shushed the others.

"No! Stop it!" El dropped the spoon from her mouth, screaming. "Stop! Stop! I can do it. I can do it."

Jonathan removed his hand gratefully, thankful that he didnt have to continue. El sat up, holding her hand over the slice, and groaning as she drained herself of her powers.