Demo-Dogs

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked Dustin on the way back home

Athelia and Steve managed to catch up to the kids, and made sure they got home safe, leaving their car on a street near the forest.

He nodded confidently, "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"He was tiny two days ago."

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin explained.

"Malted?" Max repeated.

"Molted," He corrected. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"Twice already?" Athelia asked.

Max turned, "When's he gonna molt again?"

"It's gotta be soon." He said. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

Steve nodded, "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." He held Athelia's hand loosely.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas asked frantically. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No." Dustin laughed awkwardly.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve said.

"Mews? Who's Mews?"

"It's Dustin's cat." He told Lucas.

Athelia fake sobbed, "May she rest in peace in all her cat glory in heaven."

"Steve!" Dustin scolded.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas pointed at Dustin.

"No! No. No, I... No, I... He missed me. He wanted to come home." He said. "I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas scoffed.

"Guys, who cares?" Max sighed, "We have to go."

"I care!" Lucas stopped, "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"