EIGHT. the battle in starcourt mall

THE BATTLE IN STARCOURT MALL
season three — episode eight

— THE BATTLE IN STARCOURT MALLseason three — episode eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

"OLIVER, STEVE, COME HERE," Oliver turned to look at Dustin, who had called their names. He raised an eyebrow as he ushered them over. "We're gonna help them navigate," he explained to the two teenagers as soon as they had walked over to them. "Uhh—." Oliver began to protest but Dustin quickly cut him off.

"From afar. We're gonna go set up Cerebro and communicate with them." Dustin tossed car keys in the air, Oliver catching them with ease. "I don't trust Steve to drive in this state, so you're gonna be the designated one." Oliver shrugged his shoulders and nodded. Dustin nodded his head over to the entrance of the mall and the group of five made their way over, Steve walking in the front.

"Oh, man, now this. . . this is what I'm talkin' about!" Steve said as soon as he opened the doors, coming face-to-face with a nice ass car. Oliver was a little impressed by it but he quickly shook his head, hoping in the driver's seat with ease. "'Toddfather'?" Robin asked once she had seen the license plate. Steve got into the passenger seat, the other three piling into the back. "Okay. Where are we even going?" Oliver asked, turning around in his seat as he backed up the car.

      "Weathertop," Dustin answered simply and Oliver nodded, even though Steve looked between the two of them, confused. "Weather-what?" Oliver shook his head and gave him a look to let him know that he knew where he was going. The car that he was driving by definitely sped up the process of getting to their destination.

Around halfway through, Steve reached forward and flipped on the radio. "Jesus, how far is this place, man?" Steve complained as he threw his head back, letting it rest on the back of his seat. "Relax, we're almost there." Robin looked over at Dustin from her spot next to him. "Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Dustin practically had stars in his eyes at the mention of her name, a small smile growing on his face. "I mean, if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?"

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect," Steve could've begged to differ as he slowly turned to look at the blonde who was driving, one hand on the wheel and another resting on the center console. "But Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." Dustin was almost foaming at the mouth at this point. Oliver couldn't help but smile fondly at how smitten Dustin seemed. It was refreshing to see. "She sound made-up to me. She sound made-up to you?" Erica asked from where she sat on the other side of Dustin.

"Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin focused all of his attention on the brunette in the passenger seat, eyes narrowed. "I'm—I'm—I'm not! I'm not!" Steve managed to stutter out at the sudden pressure. "I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real." Steve defended himself, trying to not make himself seem like an asshole. "Left. Turn left." Dustin pointed from where he sat, and Oliver darted his head to the left. Although there was no road, he jerked the wheel to the left, trusting Dustin's judgment.