TWO. the brain and the beauty

THE BRAIN AND THE BEAUTY
season three — episode two

— THE BRAIN AND THE BEAUTYseason three — episode two

CHAPTER TWO

      IT HAD BEEN THREE full days since the power outage. Dustin — who had been away for quite some time at a camp — finally returned home and paid both him and Steve a visit at the mall. At that current moment, Oliver was sitting at a booth with Steve to his right and Dustin across from him, shoving spoonfuls of a banana split into his mouth. He had just finished describing his girlfriend to the two older teens, and it seemed like Oliver was the only person who had believed him so far.

      "No, no. No way. Hotter than Phoebe Cates? No." Steve asked in disbelief, shaking his head with a soft chuckle. Oliver smacked him in the arm and gave Dustin a soft smile. However, Dustin didn't care about what Steve thought and continued to gush about his girlfriend. "Mm-hmm. Brilliant, too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in. She says kissing is better without teeth." Oliver found that quite disgusting.

Both he and Steve gave each other a side-eye with the same disgusted looks plastered on their faces. Oliver cleared his throat to try and change the subject, thankfully Steve got the message. "Wow. Yeah, that's great. Proud of you, man. That's. . . that's kinda romantic—." Never mind, he did not get the message.

Oliver sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, turning around to face Robin, who was scooping ice cream for customers who came in every so often. "Help me." He mouthed and she snickered, giving him a fake pout. He frowned and subtly flipped her off, both of their lips slowly curving into a smile. "So do you really just get to eat as much of this as you want?" Dustin asked Steve while shoving another spoon full of ice cream into his mouth.

Steve thought for a moment before nodding. "Yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me, though." Oliver raised an eyebrow and turned to face him, hands crossed over his chest. "I gotta keep in shape for the ladies." He finished, giving Oliver a cheeky smile. Instead of getting a smile in return, Oliver just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" Robin piped up from where she was behind them, grabbing a few napkins while holding a cup of ice cream. "Ignore her." Steve seethed while Oliver snorted in laughter, bending over. Steve knew he found this hilarious because of how much his shoulders were shaking. Steve furrowed his eyebrows and smacked Oliver's back, frowning at him. "She seems cool," Dustin said with a goofy smile on his face.

"She's not."

"She is." Steve looked over at Oliver with a face of betrayal. Oliver simply shrugged at him because they both know good and well that Robin is one of the coolest people they had ever met. "So," Steve rolled his eyes at both Oliver and Robin and turned to face Dustin again. "Where are the other knuckleheads?"