FIVE. monster hunting with children

MONSTER HUNTING WITH CHILDREN
season two — episode six

— MONSTER HUNTING WITH CHILDREN season two — episode six

CHAPTER FIVE

FROM WHAT OLIVER HAD heard, Steve had talked to Nancy about what had happened at the party and the events after, and now the two were officially broken up. But those were just rumors that were going around the school. He hadn't heard it from Steve himself, so he didn't believe it 100% yet.

But. . . he had started to believe that they were true since he hadn't seen Nancy and Steve together in close proximity since that night.

It had been a few days since then. His mother had moved out completely, only coming by to get her stuff when he was at school and his father was at work. Word got around quickly, soon becoming the talk of the small town. 'Perfect Family' falls apart after wife has an affair. Yeah. Of course, people would talk.

Every adult he walked by seemed to talk about it since his parents played a pretty big role in Hawkins. Hell, his dad ran for mayor once, so he was pretty respected. His mother was well known too for her kindness and because she was friends with almost every other mom.

Teachers asked if he was alright, even some kids that he didn't even know the name of. It was funny to think that all of a sudden people who didn't even give two shits about him cared all about him.

      It seemed like everywhere he went someone was talking about it, and he didn't want to keep hearing about it. He had lived through it once already, people need to get over it so he can just live his life in peace.

      He was trying his best to stay in the comfort of his own room, snuggled beneath three blankets and surrounded by tons of pillows, but school made that difficult.

      God, was he happy that it was Saturday.

      His dad had left for work early that morning, something to do with 'writing a campaign'? He wasn't exactly sure what it was since he was half asleep when he had come to inform him about his leave. Now, he had the house to himself.

      Totally going to throw this cool party and get drunk off his ass with a bunch of teenagers he didn't know. Is what he would do if he was stupid. He had better things to do like sleep.

      So of course, he was annoyed when someone came banging on the door at around 1 PM, just as he was about to take a nice nap. He grumbled and threw all of his blankets off of him, shuffling down the stairs.

      He stopped in front of the door and unlocked it, pulling the door open. He was met with a seemingly confused, but also worried, Steve and a frantic boy who was basically running on the walls. "What?" He asked, leaning against his door frame.