Chapter 26

"Okay, so you're stranded on a deserted island without a mansion like this, and you can bring three things with you. What are you bringing?"

Harry pursed his lips in thought as he used a pair of tongs to flip the shrimp on the stovetop. "I would use my fifteen billion dollar net worth to call for help."

"No," I whined, throwing my head back. "You're poor in this situation. You have absolutely nothing, except for the three things. Nobody is coming to save you."

"Alright," he chuckled. "I would bring...a lighter, a fishing pole, and...a picture of you."

My jaw dropped open before I pouted with my hands over my heart. "That's adorable."

"Yeah, well my hand would need some inspiration once I started to forget the memories."

"And you ruined it," I sighed, hopping off the counter and dodging his attempt to tap my ass in my pajama shorts.

We had officially been on the island for four days, and things were going well so far. I was mostly done asking Harry questions about his job unless another one would pop into my head, so now we were focusing on getting to know each other on a more personal level.

He asked me to tell him more about what it was like for me growing up with two addicts for parents, and I told the complete truth the same way he did with me. I don't think he loved everything he heard and I didn't love explaining it, but I never had before so it was therapeutic for me.

Ironically though, his own family was a topic he asked me if we could put on hold for a while longer. When I asked him why, he just said that was something he hadn't talked about in a long time and he wasn't really ready to dredge it back up just yet.

Of course that only made me more curious, but I didn't force the issue. He'd tell me when he was ready, I hoped.

And as far as the sex, well...still nothing. I meant it when I told him I was tired every night, but I was also enjoying this new aspect of our relationship so much that I was scared to go back to making it exclusively about sex. Still, that didn't mean I wasn't still missing it. And him.

"Wait, so what's your answer?" He asked me as I poured myself another margarita that I probably didn't need.

"Right, um...I think I would bring a blanket, one of those freeze-dried ice cream sandwiches that astronauts take with them to space, and...a vibrator. But like, one with a solar power charging situation."

"A vibrator?" He deadpanned. "Seriously?"

"What?" I laughed. "My own hands would just get so boring after a while. Your third thing should have been one of those long tube things that you just put your–"

"Alright yeah, no," he cut me off, laughing as I took his own glass to refill it.

"Have you ever had a threesome?" I asked him, and I think it took him off guard when he made a double take at me.

"I, uh...yeah. I have. Couple times."

I was drunk enough that I laughed rather than feeling insecure or annoyed about that. Well, I guess I was still a little of both. "Two girls and you? Or what?"

He narrowed his eyes at me as he pinched at the tortillas on the pan to transfer them over to a plate. "Why do I feel like you don't actually wanna talk about this?"

"No, I do," I insisted. "I'm curious."

Still, he hesitated as he plated the shrimp next to the bowl of rice on the island. "Two girls and me, yeah."

I grabbed two plates for us from the cupboard and handed him one so we could make our tacos buffet-style. "Did you know them? Or was it just kind of a random thing?"