Chapter 16

Slowly but surely, I could feel my separation anxiety growing with every article of clothing that Harry folded and rolled up nicely to pack in his suitcase. It's not like I had much time to prepare either, seeing as this business trip was a last minute thing that only came up this morning.

"So why can't I come with you again?" I asked him as he retreated into the closet to find the right tie for his suit.

"Because I can't afford to be distracted on this trip, and if you come with me then we'll never leave the hotel room."

As he came back, I jumped off the bed to settle onto his suitcase on the floor so that he couldn't pack anything else. He stood there with his tie in hand, trying not to smile as he watched me cross my legs to get comfortable.

"Do you maybe have a bigger suitcase?" I grunted as I struggled to get my foot in. "This ones a little small for me."

Harry laughed then as he picked me up like I weighed nothing, and set me back on the mattress where I was before. He dropped the tie in the suitcase and kneeled in front of the low framed bed to give me his attention.

"It's only three days and two nights, and I'll be right back home to you."

"Three days and two nights is long enough to find a pretty San Fran girl," I muttered.

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not looking for a pretty San Fran girl," he stood to peck my lips and resumed packing.

"Were you looking for me when we met?"

The question seemed to catch him off guard as he hesitated, then zipped up his suitcase and set it upright on its wheels. "No, but I found you anyway and now I'm not looking anymore."

I liked that answer, but it only brought another one to mind. "What was it, anyway?"

"What do you mean?"

"That night four months ago, what was it about me that you liked so much?"

"Your ass, obviously," he smirked to himself as he set his wallet on top of his suitcase.

"Harry," I whined through my laugh as he turned back to look at me, moving closer until he was standing between my knees at the edge of the bed.

His smile softened as he looked me over for a second, like he was either trying to think of what to say or how to word it.

"The second you walked out on that stage, I knew that you weren't seeking validation for men to think you were pretty or sexy, you already knew it. You didn't need any of them for anything, and that included me. Also, your ass."

I chuckled at that last part, but I had no idea that was the reason in the first place. If he would have said it was only my ass, I would have believed him.

"You're kinda wrong," I said.

"Impossible," he retorted immediately, which made my nose wrinkle up as I laughed. "I'm never wrong."

"I just mean, I might not have known that I needed you when we met, but it didn't take me very long to figure out that I do now. I kinda hate every second that you're not around, to be honest. Also, you have a pretty nice ass too."

His otherwise serious expression broke into a smile before he kissed me, and he let me tug on the back of his neck to bring him in for a deeper kiss. We both knew he had a plane to catch soon, but I guess that didn't stop him from settling down on top of me.

"You should wear these little dresses more," he mumbled into my neck. "So fucking convenient."

My laugh was cut short by a weak moan, lifting my hips to let him take my panties off. He touched me for a moment, but the next thing I know he's pressing a kiss to my cleavage and then settling down with his face buried between my thighs.