Chapter 11

Even though Harry took off work for the day to spend with me, I could tell he was very much desired elsewhere by either the same person or a lot of different people.

Every other minute, while we were in mid-conversation or when he had me in a compromising position on the shaded lounge bed by the pool, his phone would start vibrating in his pocket with a text or phone call.

I wasn't mad by any means, but I felt like there was somewhere else he needed to be. "You can answer that, y'know," I said, blinking up at the white linen top of the cabana we laid under.

Harry practically growled in annoyance against my throat before he ripped himself away from me to answer the sixth call he received in the last five minutes. "What the fuck, Niall?"

That was how he answered, and it almost made me laugh as he stood up from the bed and started walking toward the pool, probably figuring that I didn't care to hear what the conversation was about.

I sat up on my elbows to curiously watch him as he slowly paced back and forth, making big gestures with one hand while the other held the phone to his ear. After a minute, it looked like he hung up on Niall just to call someone else, and I waited patiently.

Even after the last month, the only information that I really had was just that he had a lot of investments, which now included Pink Poison, so it made sense for him to be so busy all the time.

It's not like I expected someone as wealthy as him to be sitting around twiddling his thumbs all day, and part of me really liked that. He worked hard for everything he had.

"Alright that was the last call, I swear," he sighed, climbing back onto the bed with me.

"No, it's okay," I rolled over to face him and pushed my fingers through his hair. "Is everything alright with...whatever that was about?"

"Mm," he nodded as he leaned in to kiss me until I was on my back again. "We should probably get ready to head out. Our reservation is in two hours."

"Shit, I need to go home and change," I rubbed my eyes before slowly sitting up with him. "I don't have any dinner clothes here."

"No need," he took my hands to pull me off the bed with him, "come with me."

Hand in hand, we wandered back into the house together and I followed him back up the stairs to his bedroom. He had me sit on the bed while he went into his closet and came back with a black gift box.

"I got this for you last week," he explained, "I was just waiting until there was an occasion for you to wear it out with me."

Skeptically, my eyes narrowed at him as I lifted the lid off the box to reveal a white mini dress with long sleeves and a completely open back. And when I saw mini, I mean...mini. It almost looked like a top. I liked it, but I liked that he bought it for me even more. When he picked this out, he had to think about what he wanted to see me in, and the thought made my stomach flip.

 When he picked this out, he had to think about what he wanted to see me in, and the thought made my stomach flip