Chapter 4

"Anywhere, huh?" I crossed my arms over my chest, to which he glanced down at my slight cleavage.

"Anywhere," he echoed, placing both hands on my waist. "You look incredible."

I only took a step closer to him when he gave me a slight tug, his eyes trained on my mouth again. It was then that I was reminded that we never actually kissed last night. I think he kissed me just about everywhere but my lips.

"Well, um..." I set my hands on his chest to keep him from getting any closer. "I'm not hungry, but I could go for a drink or two."

Harry smiled in satisfaction and removed his hands from my waist just to lace my fingers through his. "Great. I'll drive."

And just like that, I was following him back down to the front of my building and climbing inside the passenger seat of his black Lamborghini because of course he drove a black Lamborghini. The doors opened upward rather than normally, and I caught a few little boys in the parking lot pointing excitedly at that before Harry clicked a button to lower it again.

The windows were tinted nearly pitch black, giving off the illusion that it was the middle of the night when in fact it was still only late afternoon outside, and the smell was to die for. I thought I was going to catch a secondhand high from his cologne, the same one I was inhaling off his skin for hours last night. It was suffocating in the nicest way possible.

"So did you have a place in mind?" Harry asked, shifting the gear into drive.

I shook my head, folding my hands neatly in my lap. "No, you can choose."

The smirk he gave me in return excited me, and that was precisely why I wanted him to choose. There were plenty of places I could have named off that offered the best cocktails in the city for a hefty price that we both could have afforded, but something told me he knew more than I did even if he wasn't a local the same way I was.

In silence, we drove to a place called Cloud Nine, which I had never heard of before. It looked like a bar from the outside, but not just one you spontaneously stumble into on a crawl with your friends.

I figured that out when the man standing outside the front door asked Harry for his name, then consulted his clipboard before letting us in.

The inside was painted a dark royal blue with carefully sketched out puffy white clouds on the high ceilings, and it smelled like a mixture of cigarettes and sugary cocktails. It was a little more crowded than I expected for a Sunday afternoon, and it was...intimate.

Harry was still holding my hand as he led me through the main seating area to pick a table, and I glanced around to see both straight and gay couples either speaking very closely together or straight up making out slowly with small tea light candles between them and their chosen drinks.

My view from them was cut off when Harry took me down a narrow hallway, where another couple was softly making out against one of the walls. We were in a large dining area now, and it took me all but three seconds to realize what this place was when I saw round beds on one side of the room, split off from us with sheer cream-colored curtains.

"Is this..."

"A sex club?" Harry finished for me, stopping to pull out a chair for me at a table on the opposite side from where the beds were. "Yes."

As if this was completely and totally normal, I sat down and set my purse on the empty chair to my left while Harry chose to sit on my right rather than across from me.

The club music playing was loud enough that I couldn't hear the conversations or the sound of kissing around us, but quiet enough that I heard the waitress speak at a normal volume when she asked us what we'd like to drink.