Chapter Ten: The Past Is In The Past

*_-Cory-_*

I sat in a chair in the corner of the room. I looked at my mum who was asleep in the hospital bed. My stepfather Rob had run off. That bastard. My mum had been washed down but i could still see blood staines, bruises, scars and cuts on her. He was a dipicable man and i don't know how me and my mum are going to live. He took everything, the money, the car and everything worth something. And he just hurt my mum and left.

A nurse came in. "So we will call the police cause this is definite abuse and theft" she said to me. The nurse left informing me. I was so angry i could track him down quicker than the police, i wanna kill him, i wanna show him the pain my mum felt every day. I feel a burning rage inside, i looked at my hands, i gotta calm my self, I'm losing control, i warpped my hand into fists.

Someone knocked on the door, its April. "Hey" i say standing up. She hugs me. "How is she?" she asks quietly.

"She's better but still not well, I've been helping her with the pain but she's not going well" i saw sadly, she kissed my cheek. She handed me a cardboard tray. A muffin and coffee was on the tray. "You haven't eaten" she said knowing somehow. " I could hear your stomach growling from down the corridor" she said giggling. She placed a card on the side table of my mums bed with a box of chocolates.

A doctor came in, i turned my head quickly thinking some bad news was coming. " Mr Samuels you mother has a broken leg and fractures within several different locations. So we will need to take her into operation now" he said to me with caring tones. " That's ok, what ever helps" i say as the man injects anesthetic into her. He starts to take her out when i ask him something "is there any news about my stepfather?" i ask. "No sorry but if there is the police will contact you and this operation will take about five hours as her fractures are in very delicate places so we will call you if when its over if you want to go out" he said wheeling he rout of the room and into the operaiton room. I nodded and started tearing up. April came over to me and hugged me, i sobbed into her shoulder.

*_-April-_*

I hated seeing my mate in such a state. I felt so upset for him. "How about we go to the beach for a while" i say holding his hands in mine. He nods slightly in agreement and i hug him once more.

We arrived at the beach, it was the beach near the cliff, it was a still day and there ws no one else but us there. Cory seemed more calm and i was happy for him that his stepdad had left, but he did take everything he and his mum had.

"So how did your mum meet your stepdad, like how'd it all start, if you mind me asking" his hand tightened in mine.

"Its ok, well my mum and biological dad where together and it was me, my mum, my dad and my older brother" he said a confused face appeared on me. I never knew he had a brother, and he was my mate so i was confused. " We where the perfect family until when i was eight my parents had a fight, i don't remember what about but i know it was bad. My brother went into the military a month before and my mum took me and left. About a year later my mum met Rob- my stepfather. They married and he was nice for about six months. He got angry a lot, started mental abusing my mum, forcing me to do things, hit me a few times, but then took it out on my mum. She nearly committed suicide once, well last year but i stopped her. I told her then i would be stuck with Rob and i probably would kill him or he'd kill me" tears started rolling down my cheeks. I never knew Cory went through that much.

"Well the past is in the past and he's gonenow so, you can live your life" i say leaning on his shoulder, he leans his head on mine. Its hard knowing my mate his hurt but he's tough.