Chapter Five: Tara, My Inner Wolf

Gus comes charging at me. I know whats going to happen next. I run up into a tree so fast its like i disappeared. Gus just sees me there one second and gone the next. "Wha-where did you go?" he said signs of fear in his voice. I could hear his heart beat getting faster and faster. A strong feeling of anger,hatred,pain,betrayal and rage stormed over me.I jump out of the tree and change, for the first time. I attack gus and leave him with a claw mark, which was from nails turning to claws on his leg weakening him. I run after the other boys. I find there scents. I see them in the distance. They have baseball bats,knives, razors and even what looked like a gun.

I run at them, they turn around and run as fast as i've ever seen a teenager run, apart form my sisters. I stop and turn around, going back to finish off my prey. I hear him struggling slowly bleeding out. "H-help m-m-e plea-se someone h-help". I run, past a lake, i get a glimpse of my self in the corner of my eye. I go back, I'm a nearly full size grey wolf species, the largest type, i have a silver grey coloured coat of fur with a silver swerving mark going across my left cheek. My eyes turn yellow with streaks of red as if i had another wolf inside of me trying to come out. I heard my conscience, ' Tara, Don't let Tara out, don't let her OUT'. But my eyes change yellow with red streaks. I run away from the lake and find Gus's dying body. The last thing he saw before i clawed his throat out was my face turning back , his killer, his classmate.

Its around eleven o'clock at night. It was like i was blacked out, i woke up in the forest, i felt something warm behind my back i was leaning on. I turn around to look a it, it was Gus's slightly warm body covered in blood, scratches and bites. I push my self away and look down at my hands. My hands and clothes where covered in warm thick red blood. I start crying, shaking really bad.

I come up the stairs to my front door, the doors opens. My mums at the door. I look down at my hands all bloody and dry, i look up at my mum and all i can say is "I'm sorry". My eyes turn a glowing blue. 

Washing off the blood was like washing away a loved ones ashes. I can't just forget about what i did. I can't forget about the pain his family must be going through. I don't want that pressure and weight on me.I just couldn't deal with the comments earlier today but now its worse. My mum was understanding as she nearly did the same thing. I felt so guilty and didn't want to go back to school.

Tomorrow I'm meant to go out training with my older sisters and I'm scared that my inner wolf Tara will come out. I lay in bed and feel safe, safer than i did walking through the forest with blood on my hands, literally. "April" Nikole said turning over to face me. "Where have you been?" she asked , i had a flash back. "I was, going for run to get my mind of things when some boys from school turned up, it took me a while to get rid of them but i did"I said hoping she doesn't sense the blood smell coming from my hands. Nikole squints and looks at my forehead. "Is that, blood?" she says, my eyes open wide and i feel a drip of blood dripping down my forehead. I feel the top of my head and theres a slight cut. "Oh well they did throw a rock at me ha" i turn over " just go to sleep" and with that i close my eyes and fall to sleep.

Im getting a glass of water from down stairs when i hear a knock on the front door.I don't know wether to answer or not. So i do just to see what they want. I put my ear to the door, i can hear someone breathing. " W-who is it?" i say trying not to be so loud to wake anyone, its chaos when i do. Theres no answer, so i open the door. Standing there is something i never wanted to see. Gus was standing at the door the way i supposedly left him. His blue top and black shorts ripped, torn and bloody, his face scratched and you couldn't see much of his actual skin because it was hidden behind blood. He stares at me his brown eyes full of anger, he's breathing heavily, groaning and grunting. " You did this, YOU, you killed me, you hurt me, you, you ,YOOOUU" he screams, i scream loudly. I wake up screaming, Nikole holding me in her arms, i stop screaming and start crying. Nikole looked over to mum and said "you have to tell us mum, what happened?".

Everyone was shocked by the truth about what i did, but everyone seemed to understand, it was my first time and i had no control over her,over my inner wolf. "So whats she called?" Jules says.

"Who?" i ask

"Your wolf, whats her name,like the one you where last night" she said in wonder.

"T-Tara i think" i say stumbling to get the name out.

"Well your conscience tells you the name once you nearly or in your case do kill an innocent" Sindy budded in. Everyone went quiet. I just think of what his family would be going through. What will happen with school? will they blame me? will i be caught?

"Alright" dad said interrupting my thoughts luckily. I just feel so awkward and funny. "Its 7:30am so everyone get ready for school". Everyone starts to go up the stairs when my mum calls me back down. "Honey you can stay home ok, Nikole told us about what that girl Monique did and what happened, and we think its best for you to stay home for a while" Mum said coming and hugging me. "You can take as long off as you want but not forever" dad said coming over and hugging us both. I smile and go back up stairs. At least i have a family that understands and cares. I go into my room and get bear hugged by Nikole " its ok, I'm here for you" i says hugging me tightly. "Nikole i don't remember anything, ok, i blacked out" I say pulling her off me. I put on a white shirt and black tights. Mum opens our door. "Um, April put on some training gear" she says closing the door. I flop onto my bed with a groan.

Nikole walks past me and slaps my stomach slightly gesturing a goodbye as she goes to school. I turn over and look at my phone. I have a wallpaper of me and Cory. I feel like we have gotten so close the past weeks and i just feel so comfortable with him. I just hope if and when the times right i tell him I'm a wolf and he understands. I just hope. I lay in bed for a while just thinking of how my life would be if i wasn't a wolf.