8| Santiago

After I spoke to Marco for hours, he was kind enough to walk me to my car

After I spoke to Marco for hours, he was kind enough to walk me to my car. "You sure you don't want me to drive you back?" He sweetly asked.

"Who knew the Italian Don was a sweetheart?" I lightly teased him with a smirk. He opened my car door and I hopped inside.

"Thanks again, I don't know how to repay you" I told him, hoping he'd tell me what I could do for him.

"Just be yourself and don't fuck up." He then closed the car door, leaving me looking like an idiot again! Instead of letting it get to me, and because he helped me, I let it go and drove off.

Now, you must be confused...why did I call Diablo? And what happened....

~A Few Hours Earlier~

"Hello?"

"Diablo...I need help" I uncontrollably cried.

"Ma'am...you have the wrong number."

Fuck.

"Oh....I-I'm sorry...excuse me."

I quickly hung up the phone, the man on the phone sounded old, why the hell did I think it was him?

Wait...WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CALL HIM?

The sudden panic and guilt washed over me as reality came back to life, after everything I've been through, why would I go back?

Why would you go back?

As much as I hate this feeling, I need it. I need to learn from it, it reminds me not to go backwards. What would I have done if it was him at the other side of the phone? Would I hang up? Would I speak?

I can't spill my guts out to him anymore. It's been years and yet, I still think of him.

~Now~

I will not go back to the comforting violence.

I have changed and I hope he has too.

I found myself back at my sisters, her cats lay at the windowsill waiting for someone to feed them. I checked the time to see it was 6AM.

Wow, you need to fix your sleep schedule.

I unlocked the door and her little kitties ran to my feet, waiting patiently to see if I'd feed them. "C'mon you little monkeys, let's get you some food."

"