Shop to Night

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Leaving the café, (f/n) wished that she could go back already. Instead, Anita was hanging onto her right arm and talking about what she should choose for them tomorrow. (F/n) already knew that she was going to be wearing a dress. At least, it wouldn't be super revealing, though, and she'd make sure that it wasn't short either. Tomorrow wasn't to impress Tristan; it was to send him packing.

Reaching the store, they both walked inside, and Anita practically dragged her over to the dresses. When she finally let go of her arm, Anita bounded off to glance over some dresses that caught her eyes already. (F/n) was tempted to grab the ugliest dress she could find and somehow convince Anita that it'd work for tomorrow. Unfortunately, it seemed like Anita had found some picks for her due to the two dresses that were shoved into her arms.

Examining them, (f/n) sighed and held up the first one. "Anita, what did I say?" Her voice's tone wasn't amused, and an eyebrow of hers twitched. In her hands was a neon orange fishnet hoodie dress.

A giggle left Anita, and she shrugged. "That's not that revealing." She waved a hand dismissively.

"It's see through!" (f/n) exclaimed, pointing to it in the process. "I might as well just wear my underwear at that point," she added, and her eyes rolled.

"Well, you can if you want." Anita winked. "Tristan wouldn't mind."

Eyebrow twitching again, (f/n) tossed the dress at Anita. "Should I leave?"

"No, no." Anita giggled again and grinned. "Sorry." (F/n) hummed in doubt, which only caused Anita to become even more amused. "Anyway, what about the other one?" she asked as a faint, entertained smile remained on her lips.

Goodness, she was so done with the shopping trip, and it only just had begun. Her shoulders sagged a bit, but she looked to the dress nonetheless. Well, it wasn't see through so that was an improvement. Other than that, it was ... Yeah, just no. The dress was strapless and form-fitting. It maybe went to mid-thigh, and the material was grey satin. "Anita, is this a nightgown?" she questioned in a monotone voice with a deadpan expression.

"No!" Anita pouted a bit and pointed to the rack where more of the 'dresses' were placed.

Surprisingly, the label really did say dress on it. "Huh," she muttered out before she walked past Anita and put the dress back. "I wonder," she glanced to Anita with a slightly annoyed look, "did you even listen to me?"

"I did! But, I wanted to try to get you to wear something else." Anita crossed her arms. "You know that I couldn't resist that." (F/n) didn't seem convinced, and Anita huffed before she went back to searching. However, Anita's mood heightened again once she found a couple more dresses, and she tossed the articles of clothing over to (f/n). "Here you go!"

"Gee, thanks," (f/n) muttered, examining them. The first was knee-length and a fit-and-flare. Its fabric was a baby blue, and it had a bow at the waist. Simple and not terrible. Honestly, she might pick it out for herself. It even had butterfly sleeves. As for the second one, it was shorter than the first and a pale yellow with chiffon fabric over cotton. A black belt was around the waist, and it was a sleeveless pencil dress. To her, the choice was easy. "This one," she replied as she held up the blue one.