Ready to Begin

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Three in total. Two waiters and one waitress. They even had a sous chef, and they were grateful that they had decided to hire one. All of their marketing had paid off, and they were booked for breakfast and lunch. They didn't have a dinner service, but they did plan to host dinner events for people if they wished to have a more private dining celebration.

While Anita and their sous chef, Scarlett, worked on cooking, (f/n) welcomed guests into the café and managed both of the dining rooms. She made sure not to hover around people, but she would come over to tables if waiting staff needed help. (F/n) also made sure that tables weren't waiting too long for their food. Overall, she made sure that the restaurant was flowing well.

When lunch service ended, the place was cleaned up and the rest of the staff headed home by early evening, Anita and (f/n) were wiped but happy. Like last night, they crashed at the same table. They didn't have any drinks, and they didn't have a dinner event planned, so they had the evening to themselves. "Well, your food and drinks were a hit it seems," (f/n) complimented, grinning to her friend. "And, it seems like Scarlett followed your recipes perfectly."

Anita rested her chin on her palm. "She is a little slow with getting some of the dishes done, but I'm hoping with time she gets better. I figure that she's just adjusting right now, but she listens." A grin spread on her lips. "And, she also likes whiskey. Recommended a good bar in town too."

Instantly, (f/n) chuckled. "So, is that why you're keeping her?"

The chef waved her hand dismissively. "No. But," she held up her right index finger, "it is a plus." She lowered her hand. "But, the waiting staff was good too and made the orders loud and clear. I hope that they keep it up."

"I do too." (F/n) leaned back on her chair. "Let's hope that this just isn't opening day good luck." She smiled a little. "It was tiring, but I think that everyone gave it their all. And, the customers looked like they were leaving happy. Some even were very nice and said that we had a charming business and that they'd return again."

"Did anyone say if they were out of town or not?" Anita asked, sitting up straighter and hoping that her friend answered in the positive.

"A few people said they were visiting town for family or vacation." (F/n) smiled. "So, yes. But, most were locals. But," she smiled more, "I saw a few people taking pictures. Hopefully, they'll write a positive review online and bring us more customers."

"Well, I think that either way we do have reason to celebrate." Anita got up from her seat. "Why don't we go grab a drink at the bar Scarlett told me about?" When (f/n) didn't answer quick enough for her, she leaned on the table a bit. "Don't keep me waiting. I know that you're wanting to go too," she teased with a wide grin.

Rolling her eyes, (f/n) shook her head in amusement. "I was going to say yes, but you didn't let me answer." (F/n) stood up. "First, let me go grab more coffee for tomorrow. It seems that I underestimated the amount we needed for today with all of the orders." She sighed a bit in relief. "At least, I didn't have to grab any during service."