Enter to Shock

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

No doubt it was difficult not to focus on who would be coming that Tuesday. It gave her the chance not to focus on the mannequin, and with nothing new with the mannequin occurring, she slowly was accepting that everything that had happened before had been in her head. Sure, she wished that her mind hadn't tricked her like that, but to know that it only was a trick was relieving. Anita looked quite happy about her friend not mentioning the inanimate object as well, but Anita was getting a little annoyed at her friend giving her looks that essentially asked for her to spill the beans on her boyfriend. Unfortunately for (f/n), Anita didn't crack.

Admittedly, he was interested to find out who this boyfriend was too. While (f/n) was away and Anita was on her own in the kitchen with her phone, he saw her smile and giggle as she typed on the thing. No doubt the conversations were with her boyfriend. He knew that look of lost in love too well. Never did he see her enter a code, though. Regardless, he noticed that Anita hurriedly would put her phone away whenever (f/n) came into the kitchen as she was typing on it. (F/n) suspected something was up, but she never pressed her friend too much for information.

Based on Anita's expression, he had a feeling that Anita wasn't only hiding her phone to keep her conversations with her boyfriend a secret. No, there was something else going on, something that worried the chef. With the boyfriend coming in the near future, he knew that he'd get to the bottom of it soon, and he hoped that he'd be able to use it to create friction between the two friends. He always did enjoy exposing people and breaking them.

When Tuesday arrived, (f/n) couldn't help but wear a grin several times when she went into the kitchen and made eye contact with her friend. Anita already had informed Scarlett that her boyfriend was coming into town and that (f/n) would be teasing her throughout the day. Scarlett simply found it amusing but promised Anita that she wouldn't add to the teasing. Naturally, Anita appreciated that, but she also had a feeling that Scarlett didn't want to upset her boss, which Anita found amusing since she wouldn't fire her sous chef over such a thing as playful teasing. Of course, she wouldn't tell Scarlett that.

Once service was over, things were cleaned and Scarlett wished Anita to have a good night, the sous chef left since the waiting staff left a little bit before Scarlett. (F/n) entered the kitchen shortly after and leaned against the doorway, not really paying any attention to the mannequin off in the corner. "So, you going to get ready?" A smirk was on (f/n)'s lips, and her arms were crossed over her chest.

Rolling her eyes, Anita nodded. "Yeah." Her eyes narrowed a bit. "Don't think of going off to the bar without me and trying to meet him ahead of time." She held out her right index finger accusingly. "He won't be there early."

"I won't. I won't even recognize him unless you introduce him, remember?" (f/n) pointed out, chuckling a bit.

"Right." Anita didn't seem convinced. "I wouldn't put it past you to ask around and see who he was."

"By the time I did that, you'd already be there, and I would've just made a wasted effort." (F/n) shrugged her shoulders and gave her friend an amused smile.

"Not if there are only a couple of people there." Well, that was a good point, but (f/n) didn't admit that. "Anyway, just be patient. You're almost done with waiting." Anita gave her friend one last warning glance before she left the kitchen and headed upstairs. Thankfully, she had managed to maintain her slightly irritated and warning expression when (f/n) had mentioned that she wouldn't be able to tell who he was. Soon, though, she wouldn't be able to hide his identity too much longer, and she wanted to be the one to tell (f/n), not someone else or for her to find out on her own. At least in the bar setting, Anita hoped that (f/n) wouldn't make a scene.