Serve to Swim

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

For the rest of the evening, nothing else had popped up. (F/n) hadn't been able to find any of the other people in Kaleb's list of friends. Nor had Lee when she had fallen asleep. There was the possibility that the other three people were in Tristan's group of friends, but Lee had a feeling that it'd be more efficient to check the friends on those two women's profiles: the one who had taken the club image and the one who was next to Kaleb but hadn't kissed him ... at least in that picture. After the pool, they'd look into it; however, first, Lee would make sure that (f/n) relaxed for a bit. As promised, they'd watch a movie, and she'd have a nice drink and meal.

That promise, though, didn't erase the fact that after service the pool awaited. He felt terrible about it, and he couldn't imagine how awful (f/n) must feel. She wore a fake smile throughout service as she usually did, and Hal gave her a few more words of encouragement about the 'date.' As for Anita, he couldn't hear what she said to (f/n), but he imagined that (f/n) was getting teased about the whole thing when she entered the kitchen every now and then.

And, Anita was. It kept reminding (f/n) about the doom awaiting her, so she was grateful for when she was helping customers or standing at the front with Lee. Part of her even wanted to unbutton his suit jacket at one point and hide in it. That wouldn't be very effective, but she'd like to think that it would be.

When service ended, (f/n) only could drag out cleaning the tables so much before Anita pulled her away and essentially dragged her upstairs. Thankfully, she managed to lock and close her door before Anita had any say in what she wore to the pool. All (f/n) heard was Anita's giggle before she walked away. As for (f/n), she didn't even pick up her feet when going to her closet. She sighed against the doorframe and grabbed what she needed.

Changing into her swimsuit, she frowned. Normally, she'd feel perfectly comfortable in the attire, but with Tristan around, she felt nude. So, she threw on black shorts, which weren't that short, and a white jacket, which she zipped up. (F/n) put on her silver flip-flops next and left her room afterwards.

Waiting outside her room, Anita was leaning against the doorframe and had her arms crossed over her chest. She had on a gold crop mesh top, black mini skirt and black flip-flops. The top and skirt went over a neon pink strappy swim suit. A pout touched her lips when she saw (f/n)'s attire. "Don't even think about putting me in something else," (f/n) commented as she walked right by her. "You're lucky that I even agreed to this."

Following (f/n) down the steps, Anita pouted even more. "Uh huh. You're just pretending that you don't want to see him." Anita laced her arms around (f/n)'s left. "You could at least wear a mesh jacket and your denim shorts."

"I don't have a mesh jacket," (f/n) remarked, not amused in the slightest or willing to agree to that.

"I know, but you could've gotten one. Maybe, a fish net one." Anita tugged on her (f/n)'s arm. "And, they had those at the store I went to yesterday." She poked (f/n)'s arm. "I should've grabbed one for you."

"Well, I'm glad that you didn't." (F/n) glanced towards Lee briefly as they walked past, and she wished that she could be going with him instead even if people would think it odd for her to be bringing a mannequin along. Unlocking the door and closing it behind them, (f/n) motioned to the sidewalk. "Besides, we have to walk there still. I'd rather not show off to the whole town."