Ask to Question

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Silence continued for a little bit longer, and before she even could utter somewhat of a response, she saw another spoonful of stir fry and rice in front of her. (F/n) stared at it for a moment. The spoon moved closer, and a sigh left her. She took the bite before she chewed and stepped away from the counter. If she felt it safe to punch Lee, she would, but he ... wasn't the true problem in that moment. Instead, it was her own doubt.

Sure, his words had brought her doubt to light, but they weren't the root of the issue. They only shed illumination on it. Anita hadn't given her the password to her laptop, and she had pushed her into the situation with Tristan. She hadn't told her that she'd be introducing her to Kaleb, the jerk who she thought Anita was over with. All of this did create a lack of trust, and it hurt horribly, especially since Anita kept pushing her into more uncomfortable situations.

Had she always been like that, though, and she just had turned a blind eye to Anita's behavior? Was Anita simply using her and just acting really well since high school? It was ... terrifying. To think that all along she never really had known her best friend and business partner. But ... No, she wasn't sure of anything yet. Yes, Anita had done those things to her, but her intent truly might not be anything related to betrayal. It might just be Anita getting overly excited and wanting her to accept Kaleb as her boyfriend.

As for Lee, he watched and waited by the food. He didn't want the food to get cold, but he also wanted his questions to sink in, and they clearly were. Her gaze looked distant, and a heavy frown was forming on her lips. Most likely, her thoughts were tugging her towards many facts about Anita's behavior. Anita was a horrible friend. End of story, and he had a feeling that (f/n) already knew that, but she was in heavy denial from ignoring such facts for so long.

When he thought that the silence had served its purpose, he retrieved another spoonful for her and held it out to her. She didn't response, and he sighed. He moved closer to her and tapped the spoon to her lips. That woke her up out of her thoughts, and she nearly knocked the food off of the spoon when she jumped slightly. Her eyes moved to the food, and she reluctantly took another bite. Lee put the spoon back and held out the dish to her.

"I'm really not hungry," she tried to use as an excuse, but he knew otherwise. She knew that she was lying too. Earlier, her stomach even had growled, and a few bites wouldn't satisfy it. He continued to hold the plate out to her, and she eventually took the dish before he signaled for her to follow. Behind him, he heard footsteps. Good.

"You meant to do this, didn't you? It'll be entertaining to you if Anita and I fight, won't it?" She scowled when she saw him nod, and he walked out into the dining room, taking a seat. He motioned to the one across from him, and she reluctantly seated herself. The plate soon was in front of her on the table. Lee had brought paper and a pen with him.

Soon, he slid a note over to her. But, am I wrong? Your silence would indicate otherwise. I think that even you know that she's not the friend you make her out to be. He crossed his arms over his chest, and she really wished that she could see his expression just to wipe it off of his face.

"You're ... I already admitted that I'm beginning to doubt her a bit, but to say that our whole friendship has been a lie ..." She trailed off and somewhat stabbed the spoon into the food before she slowly scooped up some and took a bite. After she swallowed, she continued, "... I just can't. I can't believe that she would do that to me."