Future to Date

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Service itself had gone by pretty quickly, but that was only because they had a large party coming in around noon to celebrate a wedding anniversary among close family. So, service ended at eleven, which left everyone to scramble around to prepare for the event. They were going to take up the whole dining room by the kitchen, and the other one would be closed. That way, they could focus on only the party and no other guests. Decorations went up, food was prepped, some preparations having been done during the regular service, and (f/n) gave Lee a slight addition to his outfit: a fresh white lily in his jacket sleeve's pocket since the couple loved white lilies.

Honestly, the whole café smelled amazing from the fresh flowers, but it also wasn't overpowering. Besides the lilies, strings of decorative pearls and crystals were placed around the flower centerpieces and strung along the upper part of the walls. Napkins were held together by smaller versions of the strings, and the silverware rested neatly within the cloths. Thankfully, Hal, Blaise, Cassidy and she managed to finish it all in forty five minutes, which gave them time to help in the kitchen if any was needed. (F/n) stayed at the front to watch for early arrivers, and Lee held the modified menu for the event. It didn't take long for the husband and wife to enter the café once she stood at the front. She only had a moment to smile towards Lee before she heard the door open and saw them come inside.

The event itself went over well, and (f/n) was busy helping the servers see to the party that she didn't pay attention too much to Anita. Anita didn't even tease her since she was constantly busy in the kitchen, which was a welcome relief. While (f/n) worked, though, Lee watched on from the entrance room. People had finished looking at the menu in his hands a long time ago, so he was left alone, which gave him time to admire (f/n) from a distance.

Her full attention was on the customers, and she remained patient with their requests. A kind smile was on her lips whenever she interacted with any of the party. On her form were black pants, dress shoes and belt. Around her neck was a black neck ribbon, which helped to secure her plum purple blouse better. She carried a professional air about her and didn't become distracted. It brought a smile to his lips; she worked so hard to keep her dream alive, and he hoped that she'd be able to find a place even better than this one to continue her interest in owning a business once Anita was dealt with.

If she needed help, though, he'd be there for her. He was fine with not getting recognition from others as long as he was able to be of assistance to (f/n). Being part of her future dreams and her future in general was more important than getting more attention. Hers was enough.

His gaze turned to the party and the decorations. It did remind him of what a very small wedding reception might look like. If (f/n) was in a wedding dress and him in a fancier suit, it could be their reception. He could see it so easily, and he wondered what kind of dress she might pick. Or, maybe, she preferred that they dress more casual. That could work well too. Even though he liked to dress in suits on a regular occasion, he knew how to make casual wear look elegant.

From his lips escaped a peaceful sigh. He knew that she'd look beautiful, like she always did. Even when she was in her pajamas she had a charm about her that just made him wish he had a heart so that he could feel it skip a pleasant beat. Music broke him out of his thoughts, though.

Focusing back on the party, he saw the main couple now dancing in the space where tables had been cleared to leave room for a small dancing area. They rocked back and forth gently as they moved to the slow song. It was easy to picture himself guiding (f/n) in a dance similar, maybe something more complex once she learned the steps.