Personnel 7: Dominic Narvaez (Shoemaker-Levy9)

Name: Dominic Narvaez

Age: 22

Gender: Male

Appearance: Perhaps the two most distinctive traits that separate him from the crowd besides being visibly of Asian descent would be the ox tattoo on his shoulder and the fact that he's a gym rat, which shows. He's well-built and muscular and gets habitually hit on by middle-aged and elderly ladies at the beach. Despite being a bit on the shorter side, he would be considered stereotypically attractive in a mainstream way, for better or for worse. His ears are protruding, but no one pays attention to the ears, and his hair is thick, often casually parted to one side.

Personality: Dominic can only be described as a guy's guy. He's confident, assertive, and extroverted—liked by many and the type you would bring to a party. Some would say he's flirtatious, but that's more of a cultural thing than anything else. Regardless, he's friendly and knows how to have a good time. On the other hand, he's difficult to get to know, and beyond the handful of men and women he's dated, very few can say they know him well. To his close friends, he's committed and passionate but too decisive and competitive. Life is a competition that's either won or lost, and that's that.

History: Nothing more than a visitor to Idle, Dominic was born and raised on the coasts of San Juan, Puerto Rico. He's the son of a Chinese-Puerto Rican who in his prime was a slightly renowned surfer—though now works as a health insurance agent—and a Chinese immigrant who may or may not be a beauty advisor that lies to customers about the products they're buying. But rest assured, it's not an entire family of scammers. His younger brother and sister are entering their preteens and are too preoccupied with social media's wonderful world to think that much about profit.

As for Dominic himself, he waits tables at a Latin Asian fusion restaurant in San Juan while he waits for a better career opportunity to come his way. Prior to working there, he graduated a semester early with a degree in urban planning from Arizona State University, Tempe, with 13k in student loan debt and a resume that looks eerily similar to every other high-achieving student from his division. But hey, that's life for you.

Activity: They say guys will do crazy things for a girl they like. Well, in this case, there is a girl; he does like her, but not romantically. He's in Idle helping his best friend with her senior thesis because, for one, she had asked, and two, Mr. OWL Purdue (her grad school boyfriend) was apparently "too busy" with his own thesis and would probably have combusted under the Arizona sun anyways. So, here he is. He's helping her conduct surveys and collect data on residents' political attitudes toward miliary presence in the almost ghost town that is Idle. Although the research revolves around the military, they know very little about the military presence in the mines, which recently sparked curiosity. Too much curiosity to be ignored.

Other: His favorite audiobook to listen to at the gym is Sol de medianoche (Midnight Sun) by Stephanie Meyer because it's garbage, but he's here for it.