Personnel 3: Rosaline Eubanks (ugh_andi)

Name: Rosaline Eubanks

Age: 27

Gender: Female

Appearance: Being an E4, Rose doesn't have time to waste on unimportant things. She dresses neat, all her buttons tightly sewn in and her collar folded, and her long brown hair is slicked back into a precise braid that is barretted into the sides of her head. It would be easy to say that she looks scary, but it would be easier to tell the truth. She looks like every white trash mother in their thirties who smokes a pack daily and wears makeup to hide the fact that her eyebags have grown increasingly purple. She's already gotten lines on her face, a family trait, and despite a vigorous nightly and morning routine, there's nothing to do that could bring back a youthful appearance.

Somehow, she always looks worryingly alert, even when she's staring into a wall as though listening in to the secrets of a lost, foreign god.

Personality: If you wanted to be rude, you could say that Rose is a stick in the ass. She's constantly checking everyone around her and since she got to the rank of Corporal she's been stricter than ever. She's been here two years and is older than a vast majority of the young bright-eyed teens who thought that this definitely is the best place to go if they didn't want to go straight to college. The rowdy men and women who don't know how to wash their back let alone get up at the same time every day and actually do work. She's hard-headed; Always right, because she's never once found a time in her life where being wrong served her, so she simply wasn't. When she finally reaches the end of her service, she plans to settle down in a mountain town and be an artist. Until then, she'll spend her days being the cold, aloof Corporal who doesn't know how to have a little fun.

History: If you're wanting to read a backstory of engaging life, you've come to the wrong place. Graduated high school at a rinky-dink town where no one remembers anyone and everyone left as soon as they could. Went to college for an arts degree and came out four years later with too much debt and nothing to show for it. Then, after working a dead-end job as a waitress, she finally got her life together and joined the army. From there, if you really want the nitty-gritty then you're either a nosy bitch who needs to get back to work and stop lollygagging, or you're really bored and need to get back to work before you find out what the back of her hand tastes like.

Activity: Corporal in the army. Often spends her time with a group of soldiers down in the mines. You'll find her making small talk with many a miner who has seen the light at the end of the tunnel.

Other: I can feel your chest moving but there is nothing inside to move it. You are an emptied, hollow shell. There is nothing more left for you out here. Please, move along. Stand six feet apart. Hands out. Shoulders down. Please lift your legs when you are walking. Move along. Six feet across. Hands in. Head up. Try to breathe. Move your chest. Move your teeth. You are here, are you not? You are listening? Good. Get up. Let's go. Outside, where the night has eyes and the eyes have teeth. Outside, where you can hear the cicadas. It's so warm outside tonight. It would be a shame to let this go to waste.