The Grand Canyon

|-THE ROADRUNNER-|

Beep beep. Get out of the way, Sen is coming through! I'm considering leaving it at this, because you all already know this author was on the ball when it came to writing entries early. Even more impressive, considering each of her entries were entire novels as soon as I allowed them to be.

Sky Wong by mooshoomooshoo

|-BEST NAME-|

Things heated up for this coveted prize in the end as some of your names gained double meaning as your story unfolded, but you guys are finalists, you'll get your accolades. On name alone I'm going to give this one to Neil Tannenbaum. Nice name. We never got to know much about Neil but we got to know his name and it's a nice name. It reminds me of pine trees, and of German people, like Levi. What's better than that?

Neil Tannenbaum by yellowbillycat

|-BEST FORM-|

Just people writing about their character, not a warthog emoji in sight. Although I love all the creative directions people go with their forms these days, this one stood out for the sheer volume of information it was able to convey. There was a lot to get through, a galaxy to explain and a whole person to build up. We got a lot and it was all very well written and The Roc seemed to have an interesting personality I would have loved to see more of.

The Roc by LightOfTheMooneh

|-BEST LINE-|

The pure audacity of this line. THE AUDACITY. When I read this I threw my computer out the window. I laughed, I snorted, I cried. How dare he. How dare he say this: "The miner grunted in a satisfied yet annoyed response, like an untrained Socrates of the subterranean who arrived at his desired conclusion."

Grey Redmond Reed by thisismyplutonym

|-BEST WORLD-|

This one wasn't in my original roster of rewards to give out, but blast it, it deserves some recognition. Describing the world prescribed to you is one thing, but this author made the depths of Idle into a world of her own. The language, the technology, the names were soft-worldbuilding at its finest and most fun. I had to give a shout-out to the Kiote hunter (great name by the way)

Rumi by lovesyae

|-BEST DESCRIPTION-|

One thing bleeds into another. Looking just at the caves and the world underground, one author had an exceptional way of detailing their surroundings. Every time they launched into a section of description it was like we were suddenly reading from a book of poetry. The deep-red crystals in the darkness were her muse. Many of these beautiful passages were contenders for being the best line, but in the end there were so many excerpts that I had to reward all of them on their own.

Rosaline Eubanks by ugh_andi

|-BEST CHARACTER-|

A character without feeling is a difficult thing to write. You have to distinguish giving something that is nothing from just giving nothing. Perhaps it was the commitment to avoiding emotions and anything heartfelt that allowed this character to shine. Every time she didn't feel something, we would feel a tinge of tragedy in that, and I attribute that fully to a lot of thoughtfulness and care put into the writing. Everything she wasn't made her everything she was, and that includes being a standout in this competition.

Mabel O'Connor by Then-Harry-woke-up

|-BEST ENTRY-|

This is the second time in a row that one of the dialogue-focused entries has ended up as my highest graded one, so I guess we know what I like to read. This was one of the funniest entries I've read which was not what I was expecting going into it, but I was definitely down. A great voice has always been the centerpiece of this character's story, and this was her at he scene-stealing chewiest. At times it was dialogue in dialogue in dialogue and the writing never tripped over itself or delved into nonsense. We also got to see the introduction of one of the most out-there superpowers I've seen. I, for one, am very disappointed we never got to see the epic showdown between Kirby and Lex from Bookworm Adventures.

Tallie's The Captive by TheCatKing